RIP - Dewsbury/Batley, Monday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
This is a bit close to home: https://www.westyorkshire.police.uk/news/appeal-fatal-collision-soothill-lane-batley

87a089f8-8ce2-4407-9fb8-c62252efd8a7.jpg

From the description it looked like he turned right and was hit by a bus coming up the hill. Monday was damp here and it's an off-camber downhill RH turn that's now unsighted by the new houses built on the right. The downhill section is busy and also squeezed at this point as well.

Last edited:

numbnuts

Legendary Member
So young so sad RIP

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Such a waste. RIP.

Not to pick hairs but looking at that junction I think that there is also the possibility that he collided with the bus as opposed to the bus hitting him.

All you would need to do is cut the corner at speed.

But you probably know more than is in the report.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I was trying to think of something sympathetic to say. But all that comes to mind is "Didnt you get what you deserve". Not nice. But true in these circumstances. Im just pleased there were not pedestrians involved.

Last edited:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
There are times when silence is the most appropriate response. Because being drunk / on drugs does not deserve a death sentence.

FFS

Would you be saying that if he had run into a mother with a pram and killed them both. I would rather speak my mind than be silent. Its unfortunate if you dont agree with it. But thats life.

cubey

Über Member
Very steep hill, have rode up it many times, no helmet and under the influence, paid the price for his mistakes, very sad.

Top Bottom