RIP John Radford

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
John died yesterday, sixteen months after being deliberately hit by a car in a road rage incident near Huddersfield. I don't think that he regained consciousness after sustaining serious head injuries.

The motorist was found guilty of causing serious injury by dangerous driving and is due to be sentenced on 25th November.

John was a prominent member of Audax UK and Huddersfield CTC. I knew John through riding several of his 100km Audaxes and riding with him in other organisers' Audaxes. He was the epitome of a 'good guy' and I always received a warm welcome from him when I turned up for his events.

Although I will miss him, my sorrow is nothing compared to the loss to his family, close friends and his long time cycling companions.

classic33

Leg End Member
Sorry to hear that vernon.

YahudaMoon

Über Member
:sad:

So sad

Was out with John many a time on our bikes over the years, he'll be missed by me for sure, what a lovely man

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
That is a terrible shame, really sorry to hear this Vernon. My condolences to his family and friends

Big Nick

Sad news, you are so vulnerable on a bike when confronted by a enraged motorist

I hope they throw the book at him to send a message to highlight this

R.I.P. John

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Very sad to hear that. I hope the motorist gets long spell in jail but knowing our justice system.. A terrible tragedy for his family.

Geoff Crowther

"... travel far, not fast", Ted Simon
I'm very sad to hear that Vernon. My thoughts are very much with John's family this morning.
Rest in peace.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
RIP

Top Bottom