Roadrash's Zaskar warming Cyclechat Llandegla bash. Sat Oct 15th 2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Even though @roadrash has declined to attend his own bike warming bash in honour of his superb GT Zaskar rebuild, the great and good of Cyclechat's old skool mtb'rs have decided to go ahead with the ride anyway.
We need a new thread for deggers.
As requested here it is, in Cyclechat & recreational rides, maybe should be in the MTB section but never mind.
Initial plan is an early start, be there for 9.30 to stuff a bacon butty and ride at about 10am. This should allow ample time to nurse you sorry geriatric has-beens around the entire loop. It WILL include every bit of red/black/pink/stripy track we can fit in (None of it is too extreme so have no fear :whistle:). Finish time will be when we..... finish but a couple - few hrs should do it and we can then do cake and coffee before drifting homewards at a reasonable time to earn some brownie points from our better halves.
Previous visits have had a pretty high attrition rate and not everybody has finished the loop but on the brightside, nobody died :okay:

Trail centre details HERE

I'll kick off with an expression of interest list to be updated as we go along;

Roadrash (somebody has to wave us off and buy the bacon butties ;))
Me (I like Skol)
Fossyant
Hacienda71
Dan_bo
Kestevan
Shout up if you fancy this ride and I will add names to this post as and when.

Let's do it!

Last edited:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
but on the brightside, nobody died :okay:

Let's do it!

You know my luck isn't too good. :blush::tongue::laugh:

fossyant

Don't own a MTB. I hired one once at a centre with loads of trails. I fell off. A lot. So I'm out

Falling off is compulsory every ride.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Come on Nick, don't be a spoilsport, you will be just fine. will even lend you an Avalanche (almost a Zaskar).

I don't even know what an "Avalanche" is. And I don't own any of those ridiculous clothes that you MTBers wear like full face helmets, knee and shoulder guards, baggy shorts, spds etc etc. Or would I look pretty fresh in the full lycra?

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Q
Don't own a MTB. I hired one once at a centre with loads of trails. I fell off. A lot. So I'm out

If you're not falling off you're not doing it properly... or at least that's what I keep telling myself as I pick myself up again. Full lycra is fine.... the others only don't wear it so they have something to hide the beer belly with.... :whistle:

May have to re-arrange some other rides and come along on this one anyway.... didn't really want to ride seasons of mist again anyway.....

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Ok I'm in.

Jacked in the season of mist Audax, and have permission to come out and play int mud (assuming I can shoehorn the MTB into a 3 door peugeot 107 as Mrs Kes and Kes Jnr have bagsied the C4 ).

fossyant

Ok I'm in.

Jacked in the season of mist Audax, and have permission to come out and play int mud (assuming I can shoehorn the MTB into a 3 door peugeot 107 as Mrs Kes and Kes Jnr have bagsied the C4 ).

Wheels off it will fit no problem. My car is an issue as it's a saloon. It will take the old skool MTB, but the new one is massive ! I'm likely to be on the new one as the brakes are much better - trying to stop with old canti's on steep slopes is a no no.

PS I'll need the new bike to try and keep up with the demon descender Skolly !!

si_c

Guru
I don't even know what an "Avalanche" is. And I don't own any of those ridiculous clothes that you MTBers wear like full face helmets, knee and shoulder guards, baggy shorts, spds etc etc. Or would I look pretty fresh in the full lycra?
Don't need none of that crap. Been round a few times on a knackered old 26er hardtail with dodgy rim brakes and brokedown suspension. I wasn't scared at all on any of it:crazy: and we won't mention the ribs I broke when my rear tube exploded on the jumps :whistle:

Top Bottom