Roadrash's Zaskar warming Cyclechat Llandegla bash. Sat Oct 15th 2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I've pre booked my bed in A&E

OP
OP
I like Skol

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Right,just got off the phone to the cafe. They are open at 9am so I will get there around then. Might even get there a bit earlier and hit the skillz zone to get my eye in. Not been on the MTB for a while!

fossyant

I'll hit the skills bit as well. Got to not crash doing drop offs.

If Dan screams, then you haven't heard me. Probably be lots of swearing.

I've just seen a video of a two foot drop off that goes straight into a steep berm. The video showed lots of folk chickening out and scrabbling down.

fossyant

Right,just got off the phone to the cafe. They are open at 9am so I will get there around then. Might even get there a bit earlier and hit the skillz zone to get my eye in. Not been on the MTB for a while!

You don't need to get your eye in. God help us if you do. Mr BMX ramps. :bicycle:

fossyant

Google "Llandegla white men can't jump"

OP
OP
I like Skol

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Google "Llandegla white men can't jump"
Got it. Maybe it looks less severe than the reality but that did appear to cause a lot of grief. I don't think that feature is there anymore, I certainly didn't recognise it.

Been watching some of the follow-on vids and getting a bit :hyper: now.... I would like to think I go as fast as some of those guys appear to.

fossyant

Got it. Maybe it looks less severe than the reality but that did appear to cause a lot of grief. I don't think that feature is there anymore, I certainly didn't recognise it.

Been watching some of the follow-on vids and getting a bit :hyper: now.... I would like to think I go as fast as some of those guys appear to.

I should be OK - just want to practice a few drop offs first. My mate at work said they aren't bad. The thing is not to stall going off one, and to keep going. If it's anything like the few drops on the Black at Clayton, I'll be fine. The Koolstops now "stop" my Diamond Back, but I'll come on the new one as I haven't given it a good ride yet.

OP
OP
I like Skol

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I should be OK - just want to practice a few drop offs first. My mate at work said they aren't bad. The thing is not to stall going off one, and to keep going. If it's anything like the few drops on the Black at Clayton, I'll be fine. The Koolstops now "stop" my Diamond Back, but I'll come on the new one as I haven't given it a good ride yet.
Definitely nothing worse than the 'Vale' as far as I can remember (not guaranteeing this!) but there is a lot of potential to overcook the speed and take-off a lot more than anticipated, which is ok if you are good at landing. I am not great.....

fossyant

Definitely nothing worse than the 'Vale' as far as I can remember (not guaranteeing this!) but there is a lot of potential to overcook the speed and take-off a lot more than anticipated, which is ok if you are good at landing. I am not great.....

Said, Mr ride down massive flights of steps on a hybrid !

I've done a bit on Rhyl pump track and it's dead easy to hit a bump fast, but not fast enough, so you get air, and promptly crash head first into the next hump.

OP
OP
I like Skol

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Took the MTB on the school run this morning after a quick oil and wipeover. All working like a well oiled machine :rolleyes:

It was great to be back on it. I had almost forgotten just how chuckable the damn thing is, like riding a pogo stick but in a good way. Hop up kerb, hop off kerb, steps, over big pot hole, pop a little wheelie, trackstand at lights, hop on the spot and a little jump to the left. 26" retro rules! :notworthy:

Top Bottom