Rob Brock RIP

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This is a very sad time for the cycling world as Rob Brock has passed on. He was a grate guy and a very big inspiration to many. I would just love to say that all of my (and Get Cycling's) thoughts go out to all his friends and family.

Arch

Married to Night Train
oh, that's sad. I think I met him a couple of times, nice chap.

Just stunned.

Hadn't seen him for a while and was hoping we'd catch up this year.

Will always remember him for telling me a story about how he tried to do a somersault.....I had tears in my eyes from laughing.

RIP Rob.

GeoffApps

I feel like I've lost a chunk of my life. We travelled a few places together and we spent many happy times at my home, fire watching, tea drinking, story telling, designing light railway systems. He texted me just before he went to America, but when I replied, couldn't get through, and his mobile never worked after that.

Rob, wherever you are, I'm bloody annoyed with you. How could you, of all people, do something so stupid? Depriving us all of your inspiring, positive, delightful personality.

Just keep pedalling . . .

Wobbly John

Veteran
Hilldodger said:
Will always remember him for telling me a story about how he tried to do a somersault.....

.....and suddenly realising that he'd forgotten how to do it.

Happy days sitting on a lawn, eating free pizzas at Spokesfest 2001.

Rob will be sadly missed.

classic33

Leg End Member
Bought my Brox from him. He thought that my idea of riding it from Eccles to Halifax was mad, but then so was cycling over to view it in the first place. He checked to make certain that I'd managed to get home though.

He annoyed me by the range of cycles he had to choose from.
Sorry to hear he's gone.

betty swollocks

large member
I met Rob a few times and always came away impressed by his infectious enthusiasm for his various projects.
So so sorry to hear of this tragic end to his life.

I met him, he was in our office for several days about this time last year when he worked on the Nottingham Get Cycling Show. So long enough to appreciate some his many talents but not long enough to really know him. He was a very special guy and the world of cycling is a poorer place for his passing.

RIP RB.

tony_brock

Hi all

Some lovely comments and stories in here and for those who do want to attend Rob's funeral, I've set up a focal point for information as there are simply far too many people to ring and/or contact - most of whom only have nicknames anyway!

Please post your comments and tell your friends to browse to:

www.rob-brock.co.uk

Where we'll be able to keep you up to date with arrangements and other stuff.

Thanks everyone

Tony Brock - Rob's Brother

Top Bottom