Robbed and stabbed for an iphone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
lazy

lazy

With you I wotsit details the handset Can be tracked.

as far as i am concerned i have erased the data via icloud however nothing will happen unless the phone is connected to internet. imei is blocked, my sim card was not in the phone.

the phone number he used to call me seemed to be a pay and go number, i tried to call back on this number however it was turned off.

Captain Scarlet

Über Member
Good Lord, that sounds a really nasty ordeal. I hope your hand heals well and your left with no lasting effects.

We have an ex policeman working with us now and the tales he's told leaves me with the impression that they are only interested in investigating when it's easy to solve, or have little paperwork. They aren't allowed to run after criminals in the street apparently.

I hope karma bites the robber hard.

classic33

Leg End Member
as far as i am concerned i have erased the data via icloud however nothing will happen unless the phone is connected to internet. imei is blocked, my sim card was not in the phone.

the phone number he used to call me seemed to be a pay and go number, i tried to call back on this number however it was turned off.
You've a number for him. Does the automated message say what network, and if it does have you considered calling them asking them to block it?

Tin Pot

Guru
Commiserations. Take stock in that you are a good human being, it is they at fault.

One of mine was stolen, I tracked it back to a household in Brixton and showed the police the satellite imagery of its location at the back of a particular home.

They refused to do anything without an address.

They warned me not to go to the address to gain the street number they wanted as they were known criminals living there.

Once I got the full address they refused to knock on the door because violence would ensue and if they couldn't find the phone they would be at fault.

In short, fark 'em. fark 'em all.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Hi

i was robbed and stabbed outside my home for an iphone 128gb which i listed on gumtree while my neighbors watched in broad day light, i am lucky to be alive and still struggling with the aftermath of the robbery however i would like to raise awareness so others can remain safe and learn from my experience.

Police: i think police is only there to give you a crime reference number and thats about it. they are not interested i personally feel police is responsible and due to their incompetence criminals have become so fearless. you will be fobbed off.

Gumtree: They don't care, i followed all their safety guidelines, gumtree has been criticized many times for the way they do business, they should do more to protect their customers.

Apple: the phone was immediately switched off and find my phone is not useful unless the phone is connected to the internet,

Mobile network: they kindly locked the IMEI number hower as the phone was unlocked to all networks i am not sure if the phone will be actually locked, i think the robber would be able to ship the phone outside the country and use it. i think the robber saw me unlocking the phone so he has access to my pin.

Myself: i am kicking myself for being so naive and my trusting nature, i always thought bad things wont happen to me, i was silly to miss the signs and should have been more vigilant bur i am not the first one and unfortunately wont be the last one.

Please be prepared as if this happens to you you wont be able to get much help.
Blimey.

Get well soon and try your best not to become worn down by this. The authorities don't seem to understand the negative impact this type of experience can have on the perceptions of them...and also in the way you and those like you, will act in the future.

You are already losing faith in them. Try not to.

All the best

This is horrible, I hope all heals well. Make sure you talk about it so your mind can heal too.

Just read this.... Really feel for you.. GWS.... as people have said hopefully 'bad Karma' will come to him and sometimes these scrotes think they are hard and mean.... until they play with the big boys, there is always someone harder and meaner than them.....

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Horrible experience. I hope you will recover physically and mentally, soon - and that the criminals get their comeuppance.

Sorry to hear about this and glad you are ok.

Gumtree are useless. A couple of weeks ago I was stupid enough do a bank transfer for an item on Gumtree, then the next day I get an email from Gumtree telling me it was as scam but they wont provide me with any contact info they have for the person I sent the money to.

What do you expect. They are ebay under a different name now.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
What do you expect. They are ebay under a different name now.

I expect them to keep proper records of their members and verify the address details properly like ebay/paypal do, yes you can still get problems with scammers on ebay but they are minimal and at least ebay/paypal make an effort to help you when there is a problem

I have never really had a problem with ebay as a buyer in that respect, whenever a transaction has had a problem they have always sorted it out where as Gumtree just say tough luck we cant help you.

OP
OP
lazy

lazy

I expect them to keep proper records of their members and verify the address details properly like ebay/paypal do, yes you can still get problems with scammers on ebay but they are minimal and at least ebay/paypal make an effort to help you when there is a problem

I have never really had a problem with ebay as a buyer in that respect, whenever a transaction has had a problem they have always sorted it out where as Gumtree just say tough luck we cant help you.

You are absolutely right Gumtree has to take responsibilitiey, the dilemma is that no one is willing to take Responsibility which makes things worse.

Top Bottom