Ronde de Vlaanderen 2015 *spoilers*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
wouldnt be suprised to see him do it next sunday....

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Had to go out so recorded the last 100km and have just finished watching. Glad I didn't succumb to the temptation to check the result, although it was pretty much decided when Terpstra attacked - I think Etixx did get their tactics right, but tactics are one thing and Kristoff's pure brute strength is quite another.

Cracking race.

BigAl68

Über Member
FB_IMG_1428261369862.jpg

Berk on a Bike

Veteran
It was such a tough race some of Zdenek Stybar's teeth came loose...

http://www.zdenekstybar.com/en/news.php?id=1340

The Couch

Über Member
Took a long time for the final to break loose...
I expect it probably had something to do with Sky using their standard GT tactics, so until they burned up pretty much everybody, than the attacks could start
but still a nice and exciting finale

In hindsight Van Avermaet should have done like last year and take the plunge into the attack, he probably would have been the only one been able to drop Terpstra and Kristoff significantly on the Paterberg. Although most likely Kristoff (and Terpstra) would have drawn him back in during the last 10K, but he should have stand a better chance than Terpstra in the sprint.

Gutted to see Vanmarcke not even able to compete the real final with the other strong men... did he peak too early or was it perhaps still Gent-Wevelgem in his legs?
Vandenbergh broke his nose hitting a tree on the Paddestraat (100K from the finish)... he is planning to ride PR, but I can't imagine he won't be bothered by this?!
At least, there is some good news for the Belgians with the rise of Tiesj Benoot.

Quite funny that you see that the Oude Kwaremont had other riders (GT and Stybar) being strongest vs. the Paterberg (Van Avermaet and Sagan).
Is it that the last 2 had saved their final "cartouche" better or is it the 1 min vs. 3-4 min effort difference?

I do wonder what Stybar would have been able to do, if he hadn't been forced to eat only gels from 70K away from the finish-line.
(maybe an experienced rider can comment here, if this makes a really big difference??)

Still I really have the feeling the overall strongest won the race... just an overall impressive race/week by Kristoff ! (winning 5 races on 4 racing days in a 6 days span)

Top Bottom