Ronde van Vlaanderen 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
U

User169

boonen.jpg

Boonen and Stybar did a recce of the Ronde yesterday. Looks like they're on the Paterberg here.

The Couch

Über Member
...the selection yesterday of a new Bloemenmeisje for the Flanders classics -

Kissing was also tested – Stijn Vandenbergh helping out with this one.
Well, that eliminated all girls below 1m75 (since they can't reach his cheecks :smile:)

The jury was chaired by Belgian celebrity – Mega Toby (and, no, I’m not making this up).
I am pretty sure the flower girls didn't mind that too much (he's been around the top most attractive men for both Holland and Belgium, right?

“'Ik ga niet meppen als ze in mijn poep knijpen'” – I won’t slap anyone if they pinch my arse!
Just like Maya... stay calm under all circumstances (and it might get you a free bike)
... still I am pretty sure, none of the cyclists (especially the ones that'll get onto the podium) around would make that stupid mistake again

OP
OP
U

User169

I am pretty sure the flower girls didn't mind that too much (he's been around the top most attractive men for both Holland and Belgium, right?

More of Mega Mindy fan myself!

mega-mindy.jpg

Just like Maya... stay calm under all circumstances (and it might get you a free bike)
... still I am pretty sure, none of the cyclists (especially the ones that'll get onto the podium) around would make that stupid mistake again

I'm sure they'll "keep their hands at home" as they say in Belgium. To be honest, I only quoted Klara because I was thrown by her use of "poep".

According to my daughter though:

poep = poo in Dutch; arse in Belgian (possibly also front bottom depending on context)
poepen = to poo in Dutch; to have sex in Belgian

Plenty of room for amusing misunderstandings!

OP
OP
U

User169

[QUOTE 2914783, member: 259"]Great thread![/quote]

Sorry Mort: feeling a bit bored until the proper racing starts on 1 March! Can't get interested in all this fannying around in the Gulf.

OP
OP
U

User169

poep = poo in Dutch; arse in Belgian (possibly also front bottom depending on context)
poepen = to poo in Dutch; to have sex in Belgian

I'm indebted to you DP!

You never know when it might come in handy!

Top Bottom