Roof-Rack Access

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
given the weight is now bearing on the panel look out for dents , the rubber might not stop scratches but wont stop damage to a panel that isnt designed to bear any weight .the centre pillar inside is indeed strong but your liable to bend the outer panel onto it and cause rattles .

Bristolian

I had something very similar to that more than a decade ago. It was great for reaching up onto the roof of my LR Discovery - to seal the sun roofs rather than wash anything. I also had a step that hooked over the top of the tyres.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
reading up there are a number of variants as as i thought one actually advises that you have to be careful and keep an eye out for dents

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Blurgh. I may need some step ladders if I go down the route of a van in a year or two.

My old VW van had a substantial full length roof rack I could stand on if needed to fix things down. I wound the passenger window down and was able to use the front tyre then window to get up on the roof. It was important to keep the door closed of course.
Not possible now with the infirmities of old age.:sad:

Gunk

Guru
You can’t beat a set of roof bars, collected this table today from Northampton, no stress, a couple of ratchet straps and straight on the roof Ready for it’s 45 mile journey back to Oxford, we had a few strange looks!

IMG_2621.jpeg

Fits perfectly!

IMG_2623.jpeg

Top Bottom