Rouleur magazine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

I bought a couple of copies of Rouleur a few years ago, and they were a very good read - the edition featuring Robert Millar's account of a tough TdeF stage being of particular note - but, at the time, it was only available online or "down sarf in Lahndahn town" outlets so I never read too many editions, mostly due to my prejudices of it maybe being "up itself" despite me thinking it had been a good read.

Last month I had time to kill between meetings and discovered that it was stocked by WH Smith and decided to buy a copy, and enjoyed it. Some of the articles were enjoyable, some educational, some challenging.

Today I found myself "between meetings" again and ventured into WH Smith to seek out Rouleur.

The latest edition is great, almost 200 pages (admittedly there is advertising but it blends in well rather than interupts). The features on Paris-Roubaix are magnificent. Racing brought to life. The history. The now.

I think I may have to subscribe. And I still have loads of the latest edition yet to read.

Lee_M

Guru
must give it a try

i enjoy cyclist too.

its not cheap but has a significantly higher quality factor than the normal comics ( although i buy those too!)

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

Aye, Rouleur was £10. Ten, yep that is ten. One more than NINE. I reckon the price was partly the reason why I did not order online after the few editions I bought a few years ago as I thought "£x for a feckin' magazine!!??"

I am no better off now, but may have matured :laugh:

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

I also saw the latest (Giro d'Italia) copy of Procycling and bought that as well (£4.99 since you asked) as I had purchased the previous version the month before...both editions are much improved from my last experiences of it a few years ago. Maybe they are feeling compelled to pick their game up a bit.

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

And on the subject of the Procycling magazine I particularly liked the "etched graphics" back cover pics. Very nice.

raindog

er.....
I think it is aimed at poncy nobbers.
poncy rich nobbers ^_^

tigger

Über Member
I'm fairly lucky in that I work for IPC Media so I get Cycling Weekly and Cycle Sport for free. Rouleur is nice but no magazine is worth £10 in my view. As the OP has said, Cyclist is well worth a try and you can get 3 issues for just £5 at the moment, it's a little like Rouleur but not quite so up its arse

zizou

Veteran
It is expensive compared to other magazines however the quality of the writing, photographs ( even just the paper!) mean i dont really consider it a rip off i just compare it to the price of a book which is what it is closer too IMO.

Spartak