RSS FEED HELP PLEASE

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hello Cyclechatters,

I'm new to RSS feeds and wondered if anyone could offer any help? I am trying to set up RSS software to regularly down load new pod casts from a radio show ( Radio Eco Shock) plus some others, but every piece of software I have tried only downloads the written content ( which I am not interested in)
Am I trying to get the reader to do the impossible ? Any help or ideas on which free reader to use would be of much help. I am using Firefox as a browser.

Many thanks all.

Brad

Garz

Squat Member
As you dont want the written content I take it you want it to auto download the podcast?

nigelnorris

Do you have Outlook? RSS is built into that. The files attached to RSS articles are called Enclosures. In Outlook you just have to check a box that says to download enclosures and it does it for you - it's in the account settings part of the tools menu. It saves the article and the enclosure in a mail folder.

derall

Guru
Install the Sage-Too add-on

Visit the site you want to visit, open Sage-Too, click the 'find feed' button and click to add the feed you want. Thereafter, every time you open sage it will grab the RSS feed from the site. Click to download the podcast.

(It's not yet fully compatible with Firefox 3.5, so you may have to tinker with the about:config to get it to run properly)

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
If you have a google account, Google Reader is excellent... I get Friday Noight Comedy from Radio4 and my fave London-centric show from Robert Elms. Get them on my phone too :biggrin:

OP
OP
BADGER.BRAD
Many thanks all for the help , I have now managed to get Juice running on my Linux machine with it only downloading the podcasts rather than the text feeds, for some reason all radio 4 progs seem to download as noise rather than the program on my Windows machine but the Mandriva one is working fine.

Again many thanks.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
BADGER.BRAD said:
Many thanks all for the help , I have now managed to get Juice running on my Linux machine with it only downloading the podcasts rather than the text feeds, for some reason all radio 4 progs seem to download as noise rather than the program on my Windows machine but the Mandriva one is working fine.

Again many thanks.

<shameless_plug> Don't forget to try out the Three From Leith podcast now, will you? :ohmy: </shameless_plug>

Top Bottom