Rudge Montague bi-fold and Challenge Atlantic bikes stolen from Peckham, SE15.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wonkywheels

Good evening,

I had 2 bikes stolen from the gated cycle rack at Cooperative House, 263 Rye Lane, Peckham earlier yesterday ( Saturday 28/08/15), and wanted to let you all know, in case anybody tries to sell them on, or is out enjoying happily cycling on my property.
They are:
1. A Metallic navy blue with steel handlebars, Rudge montague 1990s bi-fold mountain bike. Easily identifiable by the bright orange saddle, 'OBAN' sticker on the upright post, the Oxford blue bands that I painted on both horizontal tubes, and added replacement gold 'Rudge' and 'Made in England' stickers to. It also has a new Shimano rear gear cog and white wall tyres. Stolen from Peckham Rye SE15 on 28/08/2015. I haven't seen another one of these bikes in London, so it should stand out.
2. A red/black/white men's Challenge Atlantic 21 speed mountain bike, stolen as above.

I wanted to put the word out, to Other cyclists to make it more difficult for whomever stole them to do anything with.

Have a good weekend,

Chris

Sent from my iPad

Last edited by a moderator:

Tin Pot

Guru
Sorry to hear that.

Have you got pics/have you reported them?

OP
OP
Wonkywheels

Wonkywheels

Hi Tin Pot,

I reported them to the Met Police, and had a visit from them earlier. I hope to have a look at the CCTV footage from where they were parked, on Tuesday, when the caretaker's back. I've also been checking eBay, Gumtree, findthatbike and stolenbike etc. I've spread the word around the local bike shops as well, and had a good look around the bushes in the local parks, just in case...
I've got some photos of the Rudge folding MTB- I just have to find whereabouts I stored them on iCloud! It's got a bright orange saddle, so pretty identifiable- although if I'd nicked it, that would be the first thing to go...

Top Bottom