S-Works Venge build

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Looking good Jack . :thumbsup: Make sure that seat post doesn't drop all the way down to the cut out and damage the frame !

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
tape didnt last long ive cut abit of inner tube and put it under the clamp and now i can assure everyone it is solid, the issue is the clamp isnt pressing all the way around the seat tube but the rubber has sorted that, ive also just ordered some park tools assembly compound, as it is supposed to be by far the grittiest and strongest, i dont want to risk it dropping down with my weight when riding or over tightening the bolts, the paste is known to cause abrasion to the post but its something im willing to do as once it is set it wont be moved! hopefully i can source a new clamp at a later date

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I like your style Jack . Get the frame you want and then upgrade components when you can afford them :thumbsup: No rush , just do it when you want .

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
Why not! And thanks @Cuchilo it's my dream bike if I got any other id just still be wanting this one so why spend the same on a bike I won't love as much and will get rid in a few months, this way I can build it myself too with parts bought to suit me! The frame is the main part and that's what matters to me, I'm not a pro so I don't need full dura ace just yet

AndyRM

XOXO
Can't fault your logic. You should always buy the best frame you can afford and take it from there IMO.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Get the Zipp bars first Jack . Carbon wheels look nice but having just done the wheels and bars on my TCR the bars win .

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
The bars look/feel odd on the venge I'm not sure of it's cause I was used to the zipp vuka sprints or if they are small or something I'm not sure but it could just be due to the same length stem on the smaller frame, although the frame seems the right size for me as my nuts are practically on the top tube and the seatpost dosent seem too high

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
It is just going to be put on for tt's and sportives would you reccomend the 404's over them?

The 404 is a far easier wheel to live with, its better by miles in crosswinds.. Although the 808 is damn fast they are not easy to live with and a bit of a handful in crosswinds, I don't run them if its windy. They make riding a bike a battle rather than joy

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
The bars look/feel odd on the venge I'm not sure of it's cause I was used to the zipp vuka sprints or if they are small or something I'm not sure but it could just be due to the same length stem on the smaller frame, although the frame seems the right size for me as my nuts are practically on the top tube and the seatpost dosent seem too high

My stand over height is pretty much on the top tube. The Venge feels very odd to me with a short stem or spacers under the stem. Im currently running 20mm longer stems on the Venge than I am any other of my bikes and I can see myself going even longer

Top Bottom