S-Works Venge build

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
im looking for the fastest wheel, i wont be riding them if it is windy i also weight 15 stone so that will stop abit of the crosswind issue would you reccomend them over the 404 as a best wheel?

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
The 404 seems to be a wheel that you notice less compared to the 808.
The increase in weight of the 808 you notice when pulling away and climbing hills.
The stiffness of the 808 also makes the ride noticeably harsher than 404.

I believe ultimately the 808 is the faster wheel in the ideal conditions I question how often this is found though. Outside of the ideal conditions the 404 is the faster wheel as you don't need to fight with the handling.

If I had one bike which was a 'all purpose' bike it would not have 808 on it

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
It should have firecrest 202's for the ultimate all year round, any condition cycling - simples

Then save up and get 808's for TT's or a disc wheel at the back with a 202 at the front.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Why necessarily Zipp, they are not necessarily the fastest wheel.
its just cause thats the only wheel i have experience in using and because thats what jack said he was buying - no other reason rob3rt

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
Simply because they are a well known and used wheel and I know I'm getting. Also you see a lot of them on venge's so they must be doing some good

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Simply because they are a well known and used wheel and I know I'm getting. Also you see a lot of them on venge's so they must be doing some good

Zipp make good wheels, not always the best and the fastest wheel can come down to many things, what is the fastest wheel in one frame is not necessarily the fastest in another either! Their hubs are not well thought of, btw.

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
Yet more delays the pf30 is now going to be atleast three days late as my postman has been nowhere to be seen the past few days and it was due guaranteed next day. Really getting annoyed now as the bike will be 4 weeks delayed

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
I know mr h has been waiting longer to get his how he wants it but this is the only bike I currently have, gave the spare to the stepdad to get him to and from work

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
I know mr h has been waiting longer to get his how he wants it but this is the only bike I currently have, gave the spare to the stepdad to get him to and from work

If it was my only bike waiting would drive me crazy, but I am lucky enough to have a couple of bikes.

The wait will be worth it though Jack. The Venge is an insane bike, I adore it.

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
It's a shame as I was due a local race on Tuesday and the parts still haven't came, I found the postman and flagged him down this morning his reply was " I took the past two days off mate and I'm just catching up. You'll probably get your parcel nextweek there's 20 odd back at the office I need to get to" I was fuming. No replacement postman or anything and no attempt to sort it.
If I get them Monday I MIGHT be able to do it but m doubtful, it's sitting here ready to rock apart from the bottom bracket so I can't for the chainset, the park tools carbon assembly compound was also due but never came

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
Top Bottom