S works venge stolen durham

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Full story, i was stood outside the chippy with the bike, the lad walked in to order with a big group of lads and lasses he then walked out just as someone was chatting to me, he then grabbed it and took off down the back streets, the servers saw him and identified him through an image my mother look of him ( i phoned her as she had a car not too far away) she saw him hopping a fence and took a photo, i im,idiatley said that was him along with the staff who served him, the police said that they cant accept there statment or something along those lines as we shoeed them a photo... So f*cking what! How that makes a difference i dont know.

I wanted to 100 percent make sure it was him and three said it definatley was before i acted on it as the police were still nowhere to be seen. they then arrived and locked me in a police car while they fannied about, we told them which house it was and where he was seen hopping the fence but it took them atleast another hour to actually go to where we said. There was alot of officers that responded but the point they didnt go to the correct place right away and do a search is what is annoying me. They then arrested the lad and he refused to comment so he did not deny doing it, he then said he would just play up so he would get sent to the mental hospital instead.

We got a tip off from someone in the estate saying there neighbour was bragging about "nicking that few grand bike". We phoned the police immidiatley and they said the officer wasnt on duty so he would respond in 3 days time, the copper called and told us he looked into it and said he knocked on the door and they knew nothing about it. (Obviosuly they arent going to invite him in to view a stolen bike) anyway another officer called me a few weeks later and he said when i mentioned this info that the police were not aware of it and nobody had investigated it. Then the otherday is when the original officer left the voicemail saying he had been in the original guys house and found no clothes so is closing the case.
If he wants to play up then ask the police why they haven't sectioned him .

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
I want to hold back at the moment as i need to keep on their good side as ive been receiving pretty hefty threats the past few days from a local dodgy business owner , someone set up a facebook page against his business for animal cruilty and for some reason he thinks its my family... No idea why.
the bloke called his local police a few days before he made the threats to us out of nowhere saying we are ruining his business and the copper on that end is a total arse and was getting aggressive with us over something with proof the page isnt ours .

we reported the business owners serious threats of coming over to the house and paying a visit to me and even to my terminally ill grandfather which was truly uncalled for And even coming for me when im out cycling, but we made sure to calll the police with the evidence on the day and they are sorting it out rather well so far although there really is no dispute we have never done anything and he has made these very serious that threats we have screenshotted so they cant really not act.

Anyway ive made it clear to them if he sets foot on either property or comes near me on my bike in a threatining manner the 999 call wont be for the police (they said i should just call if he approaches us YEAH RIGHT! .. "Excuse me sir just stop attacking me while i call the police then we need to wait 3 days for a response ") which was agreed as fair due to the nature of the threats and the aggression shown by the man so i dont want to be putting complaints in while they are sorting out another issue especially if it comes to him turning up trying to lay serious harm on me or relatives. off topic i know but i wanted to be open about the reasons i feel i cant kick up a fuss at this moment in time

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I want to hold back at the moment as i need to keep on their good side as ive been receiving pretty hefty threats the past few days from a local dodgy business owner , someone set up a facebook page against his business for animal cruilty and for some reason he thinks its my family... No idea why.
the bloke called his local police a few days before he made the threats to us out of nowhere saying we are ruining his business and the copper on that end is a total arse and was getting aggressive with us over something with proof the page isnt ours .

we reported the business owners serious threats of coming over to the house and paying a visit to me and even to my terminally ill grandfather which was truly uncalled for And even coming for me when im out cycling, but we made sure to calll the police with the evidence on the day and they are sorting it out rather well so far although there really is no dispute we have never done anything and he has made these very serious that threats we have screenshotted so they cant really not act.

Anyway ive made it clear to them if he sets foot on either property or comes near me on my bike in a threatining manner the 999 call wont be for the police (they said i should just call if he approaches us YEAH RIGHT! .. "Excuse me sir just stop attacking me while i call the police then we need to wait 3 days for a response ") which was agreed as fair due to the nature of the threats and the aggression shown by the man so i dont want to be putting complaints in while they are sorting out another issue especially if it comes to him turning up trying to lay serious harm on me or relatives. off topic i know but i wanted to be open about the reasons i feel i cant kick up a fuss at this moment in time
That has nothing to do with the crime you have complained about .

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
I know but its a small station and i dont want to be pissing them off by saying they are useless when they are dealing with my families saftey

classic33

Leg End Member
Try their professional standards and ask if what has happened acceptable for them, as a police force.

The second point you raised, if they are being professional about how they are conducting the investigations, neither should impact on the other as they should be treating both as seperate cases. It appears they may not be.

On that list sent, one of them now lives in Brighouse. The one that worked as security in Leeds has now removed that part from his profile. No mention made of working in Leeds from any member of the group.

classic33

Leg End Member
I know but its a small station and i dont want to be ****ing them off by saying they are useless when they are dealing with my families saftey
Formal complaint can be made at any station covered by the local police force. I'd also point out the fact that you now have concerns about your family safety. Given that threats have & are being made towards your family and that you feel that one may impact on the other.

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
Cheers classic, i might put a complaint in at the headquaters rather than the local station in that case, i know they need to be proffessional but i know if someone put in a complaint about me of i was an officer id probably feel abit bitter towards them

classic33

Leg End Member
Cheers classic, i might put a complaint in at the headquaters rather than the local station in that case, i know they need to be proffessional but i know if someone put in a complaint about me of i was an officer id probably feel abit bitter towards them
It should be the Duty inspector or at the least the senior officer there, that takes the complaint.

br5968

I thought you might be able to go to the elected Police and Crime Commissioner, but it seems he passes on operational complaints to the force's professional standards team. Chapter and verse here: https://www.durham-pcc.gov.uk/Contact/How-to-make-a-complaint.aspx - it would offer you a route to complain outside the local station.

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
Still looking had it posted around today on facebook, anyone heard anything? Had this arse tonight on road push bikes buy and sell on facebook
image.jpg

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
Was chatting to some coppers today and they were looking at my bike, they all knew about the venge which I was surprised about and they had all shared it on Facebook,
the reason I'm picking the search up abit more again is someone tapped me on the shoulder yesterday and asked me if I was jack smith and of I ever got the bike back, when I actually turned and looked at the lad properly I recognise him as being there with the lad that nicked it. So I'm thinking it might still be around here, I'm too I'll to be out the house at the moment though I just about managed to get out the house for the police bike marking today which I thought would be well worthwhile

Top Bottom