S works venge stolen durham

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
If the bike is found its mine to keep

classic33

Leg End Member
Not sure why this is still ongoing, the bike is/would be owned by the insurance company.
International interest in a stolen bike.
The person who I mentioned has had feedback from America, Brazil, Canada & Australia. Offers of help, from closer to the UK as well as from in it.

classic33

Leg End Member
Which one? It goes from the insurance offer to some random sighting in Leeds
One of a group, local to where it was pinched, happened to be a security guard in the Trinity Centre/Arcade in Leeds.
The same company are also responsible for security in other retail centres in Leeds.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
This sounds like total tosh to me.

First the police and I am speaking as an ex copper. You saw his face, the shop keeper saw his face and at least 3 others saw him take your bike. It sounds like he is a local Villan and they all know him. I dont care if he went home and dressed a Coco the clown, I would be nicking him on suspicion of theft and Holding an id parade. Then the court could sort it out. To say he cannot be arrested because he changed his clothes is ludicrous. If I commit an offence today does that mean I cannot be arrested tomorrow. That cannot be right. I dont Care how nice they are to you, they are pulling the wool over your eyes and you need to make an official complaint.

The insurance Company. Unfortunately, I think they are legally right but morally wrong. But we all know insurance companies have no morals. You left the bike unlocked in what you say is a very dodgy area. So dodgy that you stayed outside to pay for your fish and chips. I know it was only a foot away but that foot made all the difference. If you had hold of it that could have been a different story. If you had told the insurance company you had hold of it, again a different story.

I served 12 years with the army and am still in touch with people who would go round and explain to him the error of his ways and I would not need to be involved. There is no way I would let this rest if it were my bike.

classic33

Leg End Member
@steveindenmark, ID parades as you knew them are no longer done. Variety of reasons with the main one given being cost.
VIPER video ID's are standard now. In these, any marks/features that the defence, or the person in the "parade" wants covering will be pixelated out. Done one where over 50% of the face was covered obscured in this way.

There is also a piece on here where threats have been made against his family. And he's not wanted to upset the officers looking into that side of things.

Overall opinion is, and has been that the police have treated him less than fairly on this matter.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
@steveindenmark, ID parades as you knew them are no longer done. Variety of reasons with the main one given being cost.
VIPER video ID's are standard now. In these, any marks/features that the defence, or the person in the "parade" wants covering will be pixelated out. Done one where over 50% of the face was covered obscured in this way.

There is also a piece on here where threats have been made against his family. And he's not wanted to upset the officers looking into that side of things.

Overall opinion is, and has been that the police have treated him less than fairly on this matter.
He's been treated just like the rest of us by the police, They're not bothered about bikes and just expect us to claim on insurance whilst 'stolen recovered cycles' are auctioned off. :cursing:

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
Not sure why your trying to be arsey I got a sh*tty pay out and THEY told me if the bike is found it's mine, they are still getting payed once a month and they have raised the monthly payment, the bike is still my property and I want it back. Unfortunately I'm not the type of person that lives a lifestyle that losing a bike worth a few grand is nothing to me, to me a bike is my main mode of transport/ exercise/enjoyment it's not something I'll let slip

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
He's been treated just like the rest of us by the police, They're not bothered about bikes and just expect us to claim on insurance whilst 'stolen recovered cycles' are auctioned off. :cursing:
A recovery was made by northumbria police the other week we called up and the woman said "well a bike stolen in durham wouldnt end up here" .. Their border is not 5 miles from where it was stolen, we also asked the police dealing with it at a bike marking event lastweek and they said if any other force or even their force finds it it would probably be sold off by them if not claimed, we then asked if they wouod check to see if it was stolen and they said, if it isnt police marked then no.

classic33

Leg End Member
A recovery was made by northumbria police the other week we called up and the woman said "well a bike stolen in durham wouldnt end up here" .. Their border is not 5 miles from where it was stolen, we also asked the police dealing with it at a bike marking event lastweek and they said if any other force or even their force finds it it would probably be sold off by them if not claimed, we then asked if they wouod check to see if it was stolen and they said, if it isnt police marked then no.
My Classic 33 ended up just outside the port of Holyhead. Having travelled via South Yorkshire, Manchester, Chester and onto Anglsey. Transmitter didn't do a very good job of getting through the metal framed warehouse, before the battery died.

I actually had my hands on it in South Yorkshire!

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I'd be over there like a shot, my bikes are my bikes all built up by me. I've had 2 stolen over the years and I'd still like em back. :cursing:

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
Even if i did have to pay back the insurance company (i dont) id gladly give them a few hundred quid for an s works venge, id keep it but even if i didnt want to keep it id pay them back and make a few k profit

Top Bottom