Saddle Bags

Are Saddle Bags Uncool

• No - They Do A Job, what's the problem?

Votes: 43 71.7%
  • Yes, They look crap, put the stuff somewhere else

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Dunno - who cares what anyone else thinks

Votes: 16 26.7%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
Are they uncool?

Is it better to distribute the contents to your pockets, or perhaps get one of these clever bottle look-a-likes?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
They do a job.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Depends on the saddlebag. I have a small one, just big enough for tools and a couple of inner tubes and some other small things, and another that is large enough to carry as much as an extra pannier. That does seem to be overdoing it, but to me it looks less geeky than having one pannier.

si_c

Guru
I used to have one, but never replaced it after it was ruined on a particularly wet and muddy ride. I sometimes think about getting another one, but I mostly use pockets these days for carrying stuff. Only tend to carry a multitool, puncture repair kit and some sweets anyway.

MickeyBlueEyes

Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat.
I used to have one, a mahoosive extra large Topeak thingy but the zip broke and I've not replaced it. Just put the stuff in my pockets now but to be fair I do sometimes miss it. I might get another but a smaller one just to put the tube/levers/ etc in.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I've just got a Carradice 'Longflap' Camper for the old Raleigh Equipe, sets it off lovely.
Plus it was a bargain at £50. (last one John had in stock and still at the old price) :biggrin:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I used to use the 'beamrack' on the Equipe but it never looked 'right' somehow so the Carradice is a permanent fitting on there (my Equipe is the retro tourer in my collection mainly used for 'overnighters' up in Derbyshire which hopefully I'll be doing again this year. :hyper:)

vickster

Legendary Member
I can't bear having anything pressing against the big surgical scar on my lower back, so rarely use Jersey pockets, nothing hard like a pump and certainly not for anytime. I have a variety of bar, saddle, tri and trunk bags as a result, plus bottle cages and frame mounted pumps

Scotchlovingcylist

Formerly known as Speedfreak
I had one on the MTB for a bit, the zip broke and I never replaced it. I generally always carry a rucksack now so I'm not too worried about looking cool :becool:.

runner

Guru
Don't know about a saddle bag...never had much use or need as I tend to keep my belongings in an Altura Urban dryline 20 pannier attached to my tubus fly rack. I cannot stand the idea of a rucksack on my back and the cyclists I see in the evening carrying such a monstrosity appear unbalanced (I mean physically not mentally^_^)

Top Bottom