Saga

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I never thought about Saga until one day, some years ago, I caught Saga radio whilst negotiating the flyover off the M5 back onto the M6 heading through Birmingham. Saga radio, I thought, what the hell, really.

It was all wispy melodies and tweeting birds with gentle reminders about prostates and womens issues to the mad honking sweating rush of Birmingham's congestion, with two hours still to go after a long day of painfully tedious meetings.

I was so fascinated, I turned it up and listened, rapidly coming to the conclusion that there was nothing on Saga radio that chimed with my life and thankfully I was still a good few years from their target audience, though slightly miffed that I couldn't yet get a quote from them until I'd mellowed for a bit in the garden next to the petunias.

I couldn't, I thought, imagine ever being their target audience and even now I'm old enough to be actively targeted by them, leaflets dropped by serene tweety birds through the letterbox whilst I'm relaxing in the garden. Leaflets containing white haired active blokes in a nice shirt and shimmery wrinkled women in a nice cardy on a cruise, I still think, wtf, I'll never be that old.

Plus, if I'm honest, they ain't cheap.

Are you old enough for Saga?

Last edited:

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I never thought about Saga until one day I caught Saga radio whilst negotiating the flyover off the M5 back onto the M6 heading through Birmingham. Saga radio, I thought, what the hell, really.

It was all wispy melodies and tweeting birds with gentle reminders about prostates and womens issues to the mad honking sweating rush of Birmingham's congestion, with two hours still to go after a long day of painfully tedious meetings.

I was so fascinated, I turned it up and listened, rapidly coming to the conclusion that there was nothing on Saga radio that chimed with my life and thankfully I was still a good few years from their target audience, though slightly miffed that I couldn't yet get a quote from them until I'd mellowed for a bit in the garden next to the petunias.

I couldn't, I thought, imagine ever being their target audience and even now I'm old enough to be actively targeted by them, leaflets dropped by serene tweety birds through the letterbox whilst I'm relaxing in the garden containing white haired active blokes in a nice shirt and shimmery wrinkled women in a nice cardy on a cruise, I still think, wtf, I'll never be that old.

Plus, if I'm honest, they ain't cheap.

Are you old enough for Saga?

I'm in their target age range, as of a couple of months ago. The day I start to show interest in their marketing is the day you have permission to shoot me. In my head I'm still in the Club 18-30 crowd

Rich P and Petunia

_41283576_jopetunia203.jpg

OP
OP
C

Crackle

Do you want me to look the frequency up for you?
Blimey, I've just realized, Saga radio is now Smooth fm, another station I actively avoid.

stephec

Legendary Member
On a similar age type theme.

Recently I've been to a few vintage fairs, and in amongst all the tat is stuff I remember from when I was a nipper.

I'm not that old.

Top Bottom