Same weight, same watt, different time? (New firmware issue?)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

borchgrevink

I weigh 79 kg. Look at the pic to compare last week´s ride and today's ride. The watt is almost identical, the weight is identical. The only difference I can think of is the upgrade to the firmware.

Could this explain the discrepancy?

Capture.JPG

I also did Alpe d'Huez on the new firmware, but that ride IMPROVED my best time, not many minutes behind like today. My theory is that Alpe d'Huez is a lot more straight up, while today's ride was a bit flatter in some parts and that the new firmware calculates this different.

RickB

professional procrastinator
Not sure if its easier or harder, but compared to mine you're getting away pretty well. I'm 82kg and produced 325 watts, 3.9 w/kg and finished over 10 minutes behind your time! :B):cry:

My previous best back in April time was less than a minute slower and I produced 315 watts on that occasion. I thought the difference would be greater :scratch:

OP
OP
borchgrevink

borchgrevink

Not sure if its easier or harder, but compared to mine you're getting away pretty well. I'm 82kg and produced 325 watts, 3.9 w/kg and finished over 10 minutes behind your time! :B):cry:

My previous best back in April time was less than a minute slower and I produced 315 watts on that occasion. I thought the difference would be greater :scratch:

Hmm, on Alpe or today's route?

OP
OP
borchgrevink

borchgrevink

Well, this wasn't Alpe and I thought about virtual weather being used in calculations

Top Bottom