San Remo - Spoiler ALERT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Last year's 3rd on MSR not withstanding, I'm not convinced Swift was the man for the job.

Brilliant work by G, let's hope he's given his chance for a win.
If it had broken up, which I thought was Sky's plan, he had a good chance but in a bunch sprint, he's never in the right position and doesn't have the speed.

OP
OP
iLB

iLB

Hello there
Think we will see,
the full plan G,
at the RVV.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Thomas is reminding me of last season's Greg Van Avermaet a lot at the moment - although he might have a slightly better chance of winning a sprint against Cancellara than GVA.

U

User169

There was a big "mechanical doping" check after the race. Didn't notice anything too sus myself.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
There was a big "mechanical doping" check after the race. Didn't notice anything too sus myself.

I guess the generally high speeds given it was such a long race might have prompted it - or perhaps it was simply a pre-planned check? It does show that the idea of mechanical doping clearly isn't thought of as completely unfeasible or crazy by the cycling authorities, as some on here were suggested a few years ago when it was first mooted.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I guess the generally high speeds given it was such a long race might have prompted it - or perhaps it was simply a pre-planned check? It does show that the idea of mechanical doping clearly isn't thought of as completely unfeasible or crazy by the cycling authorities, as some on here were suggested a few years ago when it was first mooted.
I read blog by il dottore Ferrari about mechanical doping recently. I think he was saying that the UCI were complacent. I'll dig it out if I can.
FWIW, he also claimed that thew Swiss lab test doc phoned him to say that Armstrong had failed the dope test but the UCI had deliberately reported the figures as being just below the threshold.

Top Bottom