• June

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • July

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • August

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Whoops...fixed it.
Thanks. That's quite a ride!
Not much use for my route-plotting purposes unfortunately, as I don't seem to be able to zoom in on the map.

Just looked into the FNRttC - looks like a lot of fun. How many people tend to take part?

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Thanks. That's quite a ride!
Not much use for my route-plotting purposes unfortunately, as I don't seem to be able to zoom in on the map.

Just looked into the FNRttC - looks like a lot of fun. How many people tend to take part?
My first (Brighton, May 2009) had 92 on it. That number was not untypical, we had quite a few that were smaller (weather, cafe capacity,etc), but a few with more than a hundred. Simon's called a halt to the monthly ones- he might do one or two though, and others (self included) will be running some in much the same vein.

howdenbiker

Re above, the link is on the word 'track' took me a while to find it!

I've ridden towards Little Weighton, From I head towards North Cave but turn off and go through Hotham then North Newbald and take the road heading SW, I think it is called Brick Dyke Lane, a bit up and down. I don't go to LW but turn back and down the hill to Brantingham.

I've ridden the cycle path from York to Selby, it is tarmaced but watch out for tree roots making lumps in the tarmac and if it's a dry weekend there will be a lot of walkers and dogs about, I use my bell a lot.

My first (Brighton, May 2009) had 92 on it. That number was not untypical, we had quite a few that were smaller (weather, cafe capacity,etc), but a few with more than a hundred. Simon's called a halt to the monthly ones- he might do one or two though, and others (self included) will be running some in much the same vein.
Sounds good. Family commitments and funds prevent me from getting around the country too much, but if there's any coming up that I can get to I'd like to join one. It is the 'Cyclec& Informal Rides' Thread the one to watch for FNRttC?

I've ridden towards Little Weighton, From I head towards North Cave but turn off and go through Hotham then North Newbald and take the road heading SW, I think it is called Brick Dyke Lane, a bit up and down
Yeah, B1230 to North Cave and then off up to Hotham and North Newbald sounds great, esp as there's a couple of decent pubs there and I'll be ready for an ale by then. That's my route sorted then, thanks :thumbsup:

I've ridden the cycle path from York to Selby, it is tarmaced but watch out for tree roots making lumps in the tarmac and if it's a dry weekend there will be a lot of walkers and dogs about, I use my bell a lot.
Sounds do-able. I'm thinking of getting a snow plough fitted to the front anyway if this weather keeps up. That'll ensure the weather doesn't spoil my ride and negate any need for a bell ^_^

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Sounds good. Family commitments and funds prevent me from getting around the country too much, but if there's any coming up that I can get to I'd like to join one. It is the 'Cyclec& Informal Rides' Thread the one to watch for FNRttC?
Indeed it is.

OP
OP
middleagecyclist

middleagecyclist

Call me MAC
Hello

Been a bit busy so just catching up on the thread.

The route is anticlockwise from York following the FNRTTC roads via Goole then south along the Trent before crossing and turning north back towards the Humber and The Bridge. After that the route deviates and avoids going into (Kingston upon) Hull centre. Instead it passes thru South Cave, North Cave, Everingham and rejoins the outwards route for a few miles just after Melbourne. It goes back into York a different way it came out, crossing the Ouze via the Millenium foot/cycle bridge and follows the river back into York centre.105 miles all told. Some small, gentle climbs in the middle (with great views if the weather is kind). A couple of planned stops on the way (not sure where just yet). Pace to suit the novice century rider. I intend to enjoy it, not race it. Happy for people to race ahead/uphill and wait for the main group if they wish.

Questions?

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/6946113

Joffey

Big Dosser
I fancy this ride very much... always fancied cycling over the Humber Bridge!

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
As I may have said before I might be in but I won't be able to say until v close to the date, sorry. If I am in I'll be riding early from Driffield to York, joining the ride there and bailing to the train at Hull. If late commitment is a problem then I'm not in.

jongooligan

Legendary Member
If I'm going I'll be outside the Vikings in Goole as ICBA to ride to York from Goole. Will probably head Goolewards from Melbourne on the return leg. Hope to get some idea of time to be there nearer the time (if you see what I mean).

If I'm there, I'm there. If I'm not then just go without me.

Only just seen this and really interested - I LIKE the idea of not getting lost in Hull (like I did coming back from the FNRttC ride:sad:). Better still ... not even going into Hull :tongue:.

Subject to confirmation nearer the day.

Re above, the link is on the word 'track' took me a while to find it!

I've ridden towards Little Weighton, From I head towards North Cave but turn off and go through Hotham then North Newbald and take the road heading SW, I think it is called Brick Dyke Lane, a bit up and down. I don't go to LW but turn back and down the hill to Brantingham.

I see what you mean now about the tree roots - felt like I'd spent half an hour on one of those daft vibration plates after finishing the York-Selby section! As it was a dry day I went down to Barmby barrage for a look and ended up following that off road track that leads to it with no probs. Carried on the 65 from there as far as Howden then north to N Cave and Hotham, got as far as L Weighton before the weather caught up with me and I was forced to take shelter....with a couple of pints :whistle:
Lovely ride anyway, thanks for the advice :okay:

Top Bottom