• June

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • July

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • August

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
:hello: 27th June works for me, I have the following week off (had it booked anyway as it happens), and I'd be able to combine this with visiting my best mate.

howdenbiker

Looks good to me, will pencil in diary, I might pick up at Goole too but sort nearer the date (there is a possibility I might be on holiday but no dates fixed yet.

I'd potentially be up for this if you were doing it the other way round (i.e Hull finish) but the double train journey to York would prob be a spend too far in June for me unfortunately.

Out of interest, has anyone done York-Hull (or vice versa) before? And if so which is the more pleasant route - 65 via Howden or 66 via Beverley?

I'll be picking up my new steed from York at some point in the next few weeks and was planning on riding home to break it in. I was planning on taking the 66 (not least to facilitate a pint of stout or cider at Nelly's in Beverley) but my map for that route is showing some 'rough ground' (near Market Weighton). Does anyone know how rough we're talking? Too rough for a shiny new Genesis Equilibrium?

Looks like southerly route via Howden would add around ten miles, but avoid rough ground. Are both well signposted throughout?

The 65 might be a better bet? Can't imagine there's a pub as good as Nelly's on that route anywhere else in the world though?!

Last edited:
OP
OP
middleagecyclist

middleagecyclist

Call me MAC
What sort of pace are you expecting? I might be interested in this and would happily do a gentle pace out to Hull if that's your plan but would like to go a bit quicker back to York
I've got a bit of non CC interest in this and the group would be quite mixed. I've also made it clear it would be a good first century to do. I plan a 'relaxed' pace. With a 10 am start I expect to get back to York between 6-7pm.

Slioch

Guru
Count me in as well please. Have put the date in my diary.

MAC - sorry, don't know how well you know York, but give me a shout if you need a hand in identifying a good meeting point etc.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Count me in as well please. Have put the date in my diary.

MAC - sorry, don't know how well you know York, but give me a shout if you need a hand in identifying a good meeting point etc.
Might well be the big church ;)

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I'd potentially be up for this if you were doing it the other way round (i.e Hull finish) but the double train journey to York would prob be a spend too far in June for me unfortunately.
If you book a ticket well enough in advance you can get Hull - Darlington for £8,change at york & leave the station (to drop the bike off at a friends, honest :thumbsup:) & cycle back to Hull with the group, then home, or do a similar back from York too with an advance ticket ^_^

If you book a ticket well enough in advance you can get Hull - Darlington for £8,change at york & leave the station (to drop the bike off at a friends, honest :thumbsup:) & cycle back to Hull with the group, then home, or do a similar back from York too with an advance ticket ^_^
Really? Where do I go for such a ticket? Trainline is telling me a single from Hull-Darlo on 27th June is over £45

MikeW-71

Veteran
Train tickets can be a total nightmare. For some reason I could get a train from Carlisle to York in plenty of time for a 10am ride.

But I can't get back home again later than 1pm :rolleyes:

Looks like I'm driving over.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I've just noticed that this is going to be on the same day that I have pencilled in with a few other CC members to do a 200 km audax-style ride in Cheshire. It will be a couple of months before I start a thread about that but when I do, I don't want you to think that I am trying to compete with this ride - just an unfortunate clash of dates! :thumbsup:

Top Bottom