Save the planet??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I said it before and I don't mind saying it again: can journalists and media stop saying Save the Planet!! The planet is in no danger but the human race may be. Planet earth will carry on living long after we are gone. Planet earth will adjust to anything we can throw at her. The only way the earth will die or stop supporting any sort of life is when the sun expires and that is not for a long while yet . We are not the planet, just human beings. The future of the planet is in no danger, we may be. That's all.

Last edited:

Kevoffthetee

On the road to nowhere
Slow night Gav?

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
I said it before and I don't mind saying it again: can journalists and media stop saying Save the Planet!! The planet is in no danger but the human race may be. Planet earth will carry on living long after we are gone. Planet earth will adjust to anything we can throw at her. The only way the earth will die or stop supporting any sort of life is when the sun expires and that is not for a long while yet . We are not the planet, just human beings. The future of the planet is in no danger, we may be. That's all.

That's almost word for word the rant I had in the office on Friday.

Well said.

GC

6a00d83452654869e200e55282a8928834-800wi-jpeg.9475.jpg

Brandane

Legendary Member
Excellent and very relevant post. Typical of the arrogance of the human race that we think the planet revolves around us when it is t'other way round. We are just guests here for a very short period of the planets history, and the way things are going our days are numbered. If I was Mother Earth, I'd be delighted to see the back of us, TBH..

Top Bottom