Saving hard.... and fingers crossed....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I reckon I can afford one of these by the time they hit the U.K market..... I might be wrong but Giant used to do different colour schemes for different territories but I think the last few years they have done the same bikes across the world and the 2017 Giant Propel 2 will look like this..... better than (for me as it looked similiar to my current Defy) the the black 2016 model..... What do you reckon?

I do realise its complete overkill for commuting/ambling..... but it might kick my backside in to doing a Sportive or Audax as I don't work weekends anymore... Banging a deposit down soooooonnnnnn!!!

I reckon it should retail at around £1300.... I reckon a bargain (Guys at work are like WTF you can get a car for that)

Oh and just showed it Mrs V and got 'Is that what your after....That looks smart" and not "HOOOOWWWW MMMMUUUUCCCCHHH!!!!'

2017_Propel_Advanced_2.jpg

outlash

also available in orange

Nice colour scheme but the bike itself is fugly.

OP
OP
simon the viking
Nice colour scheme but the bike itself is fugly.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder..... was thinking of a TCR but I wanted something seriously different looking to my Defy 2.... Looked at Ribble and Planet X but my LBS is a Giant Dealer and has promised me a 'little' discount..... actually he isn't my LBS any more since I changed jobs, its 20 metres from where I used to work but now 15 miles.... but he was fantastic with minor disasters and general fettling... so going to stay loyal to him

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I often look at new bikes and drool with envy. Then I look at the pedals and think: " That's where the engine goes and no matter how good the body work looks, without a good engine, no good." And my engine wouldn't complement the best looking bike so it saves me a lot of money.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Isn't it a bit fragile for commuting?

I'd want a few more spokes for a start.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
That did cross my mind.... But commute is rural and the roads I use are often used for sportives and time trials so no difference really and I'm keeping the Defy for winter duties

Sounds like a good plan.

I don't know how many bikes you have, but were I commuting I would want at least two to enable me to have one on the road all the time.

OP
OP
simon the viking
Sounds like a good plan.

I don't know how many bikes you have, but were I commuting I would want at least two to enable me to have one on the road all the time.

Got 2 at moment but my old Viking is converted tyo a hybrid for trails with little V so Defy does all commuting at prsent

Top Bottom