schadenfreude

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I wonder if the cyclist had not distracted the van driver by challenging him over a innocuous pass whether the shunt would have happened. We will never know. What's almost certain is the van driver hates cyclists even more than perhaps he did and may well blame this cyclist for the shunt.

OP
OP
glenn forger

glenn forger

That's quite neat, a numpty driver started yelling abuse at a cyclist and failed to notice a car in front of him and it's the cyclist's fault. Presumably you would blame the person who owns the house with the lovely garden for distracting the driver who smashed into some colour-blind ginger children on the zebra crossing, you monster.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
That's quite neat, a numpty driver started yelling abuse at a cyclist and failed to notice a car in front of him and it's the cyclist's fault. Presumably you would blame the person who owns the house with the lovely garden for distracting the driver who smashed into some colour-blind ginger children on the zebra crossing, you monster.

Charming. Can't you post without personal insults?

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
I wonder if the cyclist had not distracted the van driver by challenging him over a innocuous pass whether the shunt would have happened. We will never know. What's almost certain is the van driver hates cyclists even more than perhaps he did and may well blame this cyclist for the shunt.

Driver had control over his passenger window and whether to carry on swearing at the cyclist. He chose to dedicate more attention to that than his driving.

I've been critical of magnatom in the past but the only person to blame for the collision is the ned in the van.

GC

Globalti

Legendary Member
The cyclist was hoping for a confrontation. Why else did he re-position the camera to film the van driver? Cycists like that are doing massive damage to the image of the majority who don't wind drivers up.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Havnt we discussed this elsewhere?

I thought it was a staged video. The van was miles away from him at the start, which I thought was a bit of a giveaway.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Driver had control over his passenger window and whether to carry on swearing at the cyclist. He chose to dedicate more attention to that than his driving.

I've been critical of magnatom in the past but the only person to blame for the collision is the ned in the van.

GC

I agree, you are correct, the ultimate responsibility is the van drivers. I offered for consideration that had it not been for the confrontational attitude of the cyclist, the van driver may not have been distracted and thus might have avoided the shunt and therefore the the inconvenience to all concerned especially the driver of the estate car.

It is possible that the driver of the car could potentially in some perverted and delusional manner imagine that the cyclist was the cause of the incident.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I didn't have the sound turned up, but why did the cyclist hang around and film the van driver's misery? Was he hoping to provoke the bloke still further?

winjim

Smash the cistern
I didn't have the sound turned up, but why did the cyclist hang around and film the van driver's misery? Was he hoping to provoke the bloke still further?
He is Keeper Of The Scrolls and Guardian Of The Secret that will ensure the triumph of good over evil in the battle still to come between the dark lord Van D'River and the righteous company of In-Sur'ance.

Scotchlovingcylist

Formerly known as Speedfreak
He is Keeper Of The Scrolls and Guardian Of The Secret that will ensure the triumph of good over evil in the battle still to come between the dark lord Van D'River and the righteous company of In-Sur'ance.
Yeah what he said :laugh:
Witness to an accident with video footage, I'd want him to hang around as well

Top Bottom