Scheduled Outage (12:00am - 3:00am)

Shaun

Founder
The CC server could possibly have it's memory upgraded this evening (depending on the hosting company engineer's schedule).

This means the server may be offline between midnight and 3am for around 30 mins.

Alternatively, the memory upgrade will be done sometime next week. ;)

Cheers,
Shaun

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
May I please have my memory upgraded Bill.............er Jim........I mean Shaun?

yenrod

Admin said:
The CC server could possibly have it's memory upgraded this evening (depending on the hosting company engineer's schedule).

This means the server may be offline between midnight and 3am for around 30 mins.

Alternatively, the memory upgrade will be done sometime next week. :biggrin:

Cheers,
Shaun

Oh yes - this is to bless the server in light of SPindthift's and Spires evil, they spin upon us :blush:

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
I couldn't get in this morning. Was there something wrong then?

Yup, server fell over at 4am yesterday and due to some infrastructure changes at the server centre I couldn't access the remote power control panel to power-cycle it.

Hopefully the memory upgrade will sort it. :ohmy:

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
You've got your own server? Wow. yACF's hosting is a bit of a mystery to me, but it's certainly on a shared web server and a shared MySQL server. Apart from the odd SQL server hiccup, it works very fast and gets near three-nines reliability.

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
I got it originally to support my growing web directory (www.qango.com) and to offer hosting to my web design clients.

The web design side of things has now been wound down, however the directory continues to grown and can now support the server cost in it's own right.

The upgrade is just to bring the server up to current specs. It hasn't really had anything added to it for a good few years and the additional memory will come in very handy! :biggrin:

Having said that, once we get to a million members I think I'll have to start charging a pound a year membership fee ... :biggrin: :biggrin:

Top Bottom