Schwalbe 20" Durano no longer in production!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Falco Frank

Über Member
Just a 'heads up' - ordered two tyres from Winstanleys cycles and was told I'm getting the last one in stock as they have now been discontinued.

Explains the good reduction being offered.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
they have discontinued the ultremo dd's as well....i'm unsure why...it was a superb road bike tyre.

Oh dear.

Bad news for my still struggling on Dahon Speed Pro.

Is it perhaps just being replaced by a new tyre with a new branding?

What would folk use instead of this tyre on a fast bike?

OP
OP
Falco Frank

Falco Frank

Über Member
The Durano has a completely redesigned dynamic tread and is now ten grams lighter. The outstanding qualities, such as the extremely high mileage, remain the same. The dual compound ensures optimum adhesion, even on wet training stretches in winter. The RaceGuard protection belt, with a double layer of nylon fabric, provides well-proven puncture protection for light sports tyres. The six different colours also include a completely white tyre.

The Durano Plus has been designed for maximum puncture protection. The SmartGuard protection belt made of elastic rubber may not be quite as thick as the belt of the Marathon Plus. Nevertheless it achieves an unusually high level of protection for a racing tyre. According to Peter Krischio, Schwalbe Product Manager Race: "It is the most puncture-proof racing tyre there is".

At Schwalbe, the abbreviation DD stands for Double Defence. In addition to the RaceGuard protection belt, a layer of snakeskin fabric strengthens, in particular, the shoulder and side wall of the Durano DD ensuring all-round protection combined with minimum additional weight. The snakeskin fabric is new. Now, a monofilament fabric is used that provides even better cut resistance and greater snakebite protection.

The Durano E is the version for sporty e-bikes up to 50 km/h. The Durano E has been approved for the ECE-R 75 label required for these speeds, valid throughout Europe. It is available in two versions.

Top Bottom