Scooter for grown ups?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sara_H

Guru
strange I know but, I'm in the market for a scooter that I can use on some occasions.

I'll be needing to take said scooter on bus/ train, so it will need to be compact and foldable.

Any suggestions?

Micro do a nice one.

mustang1

Guru
Micro do a nice one.
+1. The kids have this but are OK for adults up to 100kg. Micro also sell a larger wheeled version which is like to try.

I bought one from Micro and the other Micro from Amazon. The one direct from Micro came sooner despite my amazon Prime membership.

I'm surprised more people don't have them.

OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru
[QUOTE 4146557, member: 45"]We have a couple of the bigger Decathlon ones. I often use it when taking the young'un the mile to school.

Be careful though. A friend had to have plastic surgery when a tooth went through his lip after he misjudged a kerb.[/QUOTE]
I'll be very cautious!

OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru
[QUOTE 4146614, member: 76"]Honestly, just don't do it.

Better off getting a folding bike.[/QUOTE]
I've got a folding bike, in fact I've got two! The scooter is for the occasions when I'm not taking the bike for various reasons, it's to speed up the walk to/from the station.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Sara, you mean like mine.

But this one is not folding. Go on Footbike Fanatics on Facebook and ask. I know there are some folding variations.

image_zpsc59536c1.jpg
P1060230-1.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru
Sara, you mean like mine.

But this one is not folding. Go on Footbike Fanatics on Facebook and ask. I know there are some folding variations.

image_zpsc59536c1.jpg
P1060230-1.jpg
I love it! I'd have a bit of trouble folding that up though.

OH is on nights. He's been instructed to stop at decathlon and make a purchase if the model with the handbrake if they've got one in stock.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Ha ha! Sometimes I have to use the bus to get to the train station, but about 50% of the time the bus doesn't come or is late and I miss the train, so as its down hill all the way I thought I'd give scooting a go.
Quite looking forward to it.

I've ridden the kids scooter down our road - you can easily do 30 on the bike so 15 mph on he tiny wheels is quite fast.

Top Bottom