Second hand Tandem wanted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pdcopsey

Regular
Hello All!

I am looking to get hold of a second hand tandem for my wife and 8 year old daughter to use for trips to school etc. My daughter does not ride a bike and having outgrown her bike and trail-gator combo we are looking at using a tandem. Having tried out a tandem at Centreparcs these work really well for our needs.

The crunch is most new tandems for road use appear to be in the range of £500+. I have studied the ads on this website and at the tandem club, ebay etc. and will continue to to but I thought I would post this to see if any responses are forthcoming. We are looking to spend up to £350 (less ideally) on a reliable machine that can take a 5'8" adult and 8/9 year old child.

Also any suggestions for weblinks to other sites or shops that might be able to help would also be welcome.

pash

You could look at www.cycleking.co.uk. They have new tandems for £299 which might be suitable. Depends how tall your daughter is I guess. They do actually do a small tandem with 24" wheels but it might be too small for your wife. Worth a look though.

Top Bottom