self-gratification artist films himself verbally abusing cyclists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
Absolute moron.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
This is one of the comments.

"oldambler, Halifax, United Kingdom, 2 hours ago
Yesterday my wife had to drive behind a cyclist all the way till she came to the driveway. He new she was there and rode up the middle of the road so she could not pass. So what's his excuse. Another lycra Pratt."

His excuse would probably be that he was riding in primary fearing/expecting your stupid wife was going to overtake him then cut him up, to get to her precious drive before him.

Honestly the stupid arrogance of pricks like this angers me!

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
He new she was there and rode up the middle of the road so she could not pass.
Yeah, there are cars in front of me that I can't pass all the way through central London. They're driving in the middle of the road, parked by the side of the road, clogging up the oncoming lane, creeping about like a load of fat snails in angry looking shells, so I know exactly how his missus feels.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Yeah, there are cars in front of me that I can't pass all the way through central London. They're driving in the middle of the road, parked by the side of the road, clogging up the oncoming lane, creeping about like a load of fat snails in angry looking shells, so I know exactly how his missus feels.

"He new she was there and rode up the middle of the road so she could not pass."

Hey don't quote me on that bit, it looks like i wrote it!:ohmy: :okay:

This is one of the comments.

"oldambler, Halifax, United Kingdom, 2 hours ago
Yesterday my wife had to drive behind a cyclist all the way till she came to the driveway. He new she was there and rode up the middle of the road so she could not pass. So what's his excuse. Another lycra Pratt."

His excuse would probably be that he was riding in primary fearing/expecting your stupid wife was going to overtake him then cut him up, to get to her precious drive before him.

Honestly the stupid arrogance of pricks like this angers me!

There is a brilliant piece of work bythe Institute of Advanced Motorists - Sharing the road with cyclists

Cyclists are advised to take a prominent position in the road well ahead of any manoeuvre to ensure
they are in the right place at the right time. If they ride in the middle of the road it is probably not to
obstruct your path, but to ensure that they are seen by you and by other motorists.
Cyclists often ride at some distance from the kerb to avoid drains and potholes and to discourage motorists from
squeezing them on narrow roads. It is not in their interest to delay motorists deliberately.

I have used this a couple of times to great effect, pointing out that they are ignorant of something that the IAM takes as standard

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4476225, member: 9609"]the really sad thing is he has received a 140 likes for his comment - we're not loved :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I think the tossers just green arrow any anti cycling posts they see It's the highlight of their day.:rolleyes:

EnPassant

Remember Remember some date in November Member
There is a brilliant piece of work bythe Institute of Advanced Motorists - Sharing the road with cyclists

Nice. Pity they have to be, or are aspiring to be, "advanced"

Though they might consider re-wording this part.
IAM said:
Finally, every motorist has seen some irresponsible
cyclists use the pavement, road and zebra
crossings, seemingly at random. This is not only dangerous for pedestrians but unlawful, and the
police can and do issue penalty notices for such offences. The police take a serious view of such
careless or dangerous cycling, particularly when it puts other road users at risk. Responsible motorists
give such irresponsible cyclists a wide berth
Which seems to suggest I should be given extra space when passed if I behave like a d1ck.

Top Bottom