selling an electric bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
bought it years back. was a halfords own brand job. was over 1000 euro brand new. the electronics have gone wrong in some way im not sure how. im thinking to try to sell it to someone who really knows how to fix ebikes on their own as halfords dont want to know as its an older model. i learned my lesson, never buying an electric bike again. how much do you think i should try to sell it for.

AndyRM

XOXO
If it hasn't used regularly it may just be that the battery has died but it's difficult to say without knowing more.

You might get €150/€200 for it if you were lucky and it's an easy fix? Not much more than that I'd have thought as they can be weighty and without the electric assist which counts against them.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Without seeing a pic together with specs impossible to say.
If a few years old the battery would be kaput. Is it the wheel motor type? That at least should still work.
The chances of finding someone in your local area who wants a cheap electric bike to do up and has the knowledge is remote. I say local as it's not going to be worth the carrier fee to transport it anywhere.
Why don't you replace the electrics and battery with some cheapies off eBay or AliExpress etc and sell it as a going concern?
Only really scrap value otherwise.

Last edited:
Top Bottom