Shed security options

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

byegad

Legendary Member
I was thinking a couple of Claymores should do the trick, with a few home made explosives, but I decided blowing up my shed with the bikes and other various pieces of stuff both my wife and I would like to keep was a bad idea.
Better than the local scumbag lives to continue to breathe.

OP
OP
rivers

rivers

How far can I go?
Buy one, install in shed, guaranteed to work.
https://images.app.goo.gl/m999aDC1fCdf2xxf7

Funny you should say that- they came back a second time for my dive kit. Luckily they didn't get much because I'm fairly certain they were disturbed by my dog- a beautiful staffie/lab cross. I let her out for her last toilet break before bed. She ran straight to the shed barking her head off. Not unusual as the neighbour's cat likes to hang out there when she isn't outside, so thought nothing of it (until the next day, when I found half of my dive kit hanging out the back of the shed).
104865013_10100180867867805_5359002234734466253_n.jpg

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
There is one small section of the shed (1m by .5m) that does not butt up against the fence. This is where the shed was accessed and some of the tongue and groove panels ripped off. The fence is on an angle, and our builder laid the concrete base square, so we could not build the shed to butt up against the entire fence.

So if I understand this right, you have a wedge-shaped space between the side of the shed and your fence, which the scrotes used to gain access? If the large end of the wedge faces out into your garden rather than into the corner, then why not infll the gap by building a small wedge-shaped wooden store rather than just waste the space? That would then mean the exterior wall of your bike shed would be behind the infill construction and no longer be accessible. The storage space created might not seem very useful, but even so I daresay you could manage to use it to keep a few tall skinny items in like long-handled gardening tools, brooms etc.

Last edited:
OP
OP
rivers

rivers

How far can I go?
So if I understand this right, you have a wedge-shaped space between the side of the shed and your fence, which the scrotes used to gain access? If the large end of the wedge faces out into your garden rather than into the corner, then why not infll the gap by building a small wedge-shaped wooden store rather than just waste the space? That would then mean the exterior wall of your bike shed would be behind the infill construction and no longer be accessible. The storage space created might not seem very useful, but even so I daresay you could manage to use it to keep a few tall skinny items in like long-handled gardening tools, brooms etc.

It's at the back of the shed, so building a small store wouldn't be that useful. It's not easily accessible (there is a 6 inch gap between the shed and the hedge that separates us from the neighbours. I can just about squeeze down the side of it) However, just building something to fill in the gap could work.

It's at the back of the shed, so building a small store wouldn't be that useful. It's not easily accessible (there is a 6 inch gap between the shed and the hedge that separates us from the neighbours. I can just about squeeze down the side of it) However, just building something to fill in the gap could work.
I'd go punji, so put the remnants of those old broom handles that have snapped in two in the gap :whistle:. (Close the end off to save any trip hazard from innocents).

Top Bottom