Show off your Giant

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

garethssmith

My new Defy 2!! Absolutely love it!
image.jpg

MikeW-71

Veteran
It's time for n+2 :blink:

Defy Advanced 2. Best part of 2Kg lighter than the Defy 2, and even more responsive!
9534686850_caf4914e77_z.jpg

Shimano 105 groupset, Ridesense sensor, P-SL1 wheels and Fizik saddle.
9534686226_ed98e0868a_z.jpg

Revel 1 Ltd. Nearly double the weight of the Advanced 2.
9534684768_9a1456c7f5_z.jpg

Shimano Deore transmission, hydraulic disc brakes, Suntour XCM 100mm fork with remote lockout.
9531904905_a5fee74e43_z.jpg

The Defy 2 becomes the commuter and winter bike. It may also do some light touring with panniers fitted.

The Advanced 2 gets the best of everything. Already transferred the GP4000S tyres onto it, Rubino Pros have gone onto the Defy 2.

The Revel 1 will get punted around if I'm out with my brother and his son (age 4) and I'll do some proper off-road with it, though nothing extreme as the fork is not up to that. Should be good fun though :smile:

That should sort me out for a few years. I've no more storage space so if one does need replacing, I'll have to sell one to make way!

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
My new baby, Giant TCX1 :smile:

DSC_0001.jpg

That's nice - it is the bike I ordered last year but when it arrived it came with an out of skew rear brake boss. Warranty frames in this then new colour were not available so I had all the kit built onto a previous year (white) frame. So now I have a unique bike (probably)!

Looks a lot 'blacker' in your pic's - in the flesh the blue is really striking..

Is that Truvativ stem standard or did you have it fitted - it looks longer than standard. I had to have a longer one fitted too. Dealer replaced the standard length after 6 months of use FOC which was nice and helps keep the buy from your LBS mantra alive for me.

Apart from the, for me, awful saddle, replacing the hard to adjust seatpost with a micro-adjustable affair and fitting 32mm Marathon Supremes my bike is stock and it is terrific - very comfortable and good brakes too; the TRP9's are way better than the usual canti fodder you get on CX's.

Enjoy your bike!

Here's mine.

TCX1.jpg

lesley_x

Über Member
After my maiden voyage I can definitely say the tyres are not the best, the back wheel was dancing over cobbles and freaked out going over a crisp packet!

Also, the saddle is pretty uncomfortable. I'm going to give it a few more miles and replace if necessary.

I had to have a longer stem fitted, felt too scrunched up on the standard stem. It was really short!

I really like the colour scheme on your bike, I personally wouldn't have chosen the blue, I would have chosen the red and black of the TCX 2 but I definitely have the better bike.

Here's a pic of our first trip out, shows the colour a lot better!
1265034_10153169971360725_1101278043_o.jpg

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
After my maiden voyage I can definitely say the tyres are not the best, the back wheel was dancing over cobbles and freaked out going over a crisp packet!

Also, the saddle is pretty uncomfortable. I'm going to give it a few more miles and replace if necessary.

I had to have a longer stem fitted, felt too scrunched up on the standard stem. It was really short!

I really like the colour scheme on your bike, I personally wouldn't have chosen the blue, I would have chosen the red and black of the TCX 2 but I definitely have the better bike.

Here's a pic of our first trip out, shows the colour a lot better!
1265034_10153169971360725_1101278043_o.jpg

Yes - looks better in that pic'.

Saddle: I had a bum measure and bought a correctly sized Bontrager Affinity R; good for me!

Brakes: I was plagued with squealing brakes for a while. Tried all sorts of different blocks. LBS came up with the solution. Removed the TRP road cartridges and replaced them with Ashima 4 Function - these have longer pads and are silent. Just in case you ever have the same problem.

Stem: mine is an XS and came with 80mm stem which I swapped to 100mm which now feels spot on.

Tyres: Marathon Supremes are a bit pricey but they are very good. Last forever and are pretty bombproof too.

Have fun and stay safe!

Top Bottom