Show off your Giant

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I asked the same question a while ago about my S-R2's and was told if there is nothing wrong with them then don't bother changing them . There still isn't anything wrong with them :thumbsup:
I may put the P-SL1's from the TCR on the Defy as I want carbon tubs for the TCR but it all depends on how my riding pans out .

I looked at the red and white bottle cage for the bike and didn't like the red and white together :laugh: It wasn't the same red as the bike so looked a bit ewwwww . :whistle:

silvervanplumberman

Über Member
Purchased my dream bike at the end of this summer. Giant TCR Advanced 0 with full Ultegra Di2.
Only managed to do 450 miles on it before the crap weather came back but an absolute dream to ride. Everything as stock apart from the saddle, Charge Spoon fitted, very cheap and it suits me better than some very expensive saddles I've tried. No point in changing anything else as it's all brilliant. After ridding my entry level Raleigh Airlite 200 for 18 months the difference between the bikes was unbelievable. I can only compare it to ridding a donkey and then ridding a thoroughbred race horse. Really looking forward to the dryer weather again so I can get back on it. Back on the Raleigh for winter. I keep telling myself it's good for my legs.

image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

The mountain bike is a Giant Reign X0.
Built it myself from old bits and a few second hand bits although the frame was brand new just old stock so very cheap from fleabay imported from the states. Hope 20mm pro 2 maxile on the front and standard pro 2 on the rear. Some very old Hope c2 brakes all round, but still as good as new. Rockshox Lyrik forks up front.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Also have a 2001 Giant XTC Team carbon hard tail but don't seem to have any pictures. The wife says I've got to sell one of the mountain bikes as I don't ride them that much anymore but it's like being asked to sell one of your children.

Comments welcome.

Last edited:

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I looked at the Di2 when buying the TCR1 Advanced . It scared me :laugh: The 1 is Di2 ready so if I want to add it there isn't a problem . I bet its sweet using it though !
If you still have the Fizik Arione saddle and want to sell it let me know please . I want one for my defy as my derriere is not enjoying going from a Fizik to a Selle .

Doyleyburger

Veteran
Reporting for duty:thumbsup:
Hello all,
Firstly, a brilliant forum and some very sexy bikes too!
Here is my TCR C3 that I've owned for a few weeks now. Started life with OE and I seem to have the modding bug!
Life started like this.
P1010671_zpsd29c102b.jpg

Upgrades;
Black bar tape
Wrap on seat post
Orbea brakes
Cages
Cateye computer & Lights
Mavic Ksyrium Elites

Ultegra chainset being fitted this week.

P1010714_zps0d252894.jpg

Thanks for looking,
Andy
One of the best looking bikes on this thread. ..fair play ! Must say though I preferred the white bar tape mind

young Ed

Veteran
The wife says I've got to sell one of the mountain bikes as I don't ride them that much anymore but it's like being asked to sell one of your children.

Comments welcome.
ask her how much she reckons you could get for her!
oh and i see you have a cheap 30 quid bike stand off ebay is it much good about to buy one my self
Cheers Ed

Cyclist33

seat post needs a clean
very nice clean and well maintained drive train though very good a pat on the back to you
are they compagnolo cranks on there? you should save up and change whole drive train to ultegra! :biggrin:
Cheers Ed

Lol, whole bike got a clean-up when I fitted the wheels... seatpost is a bit grubby because I took the picture mid-way through a fairly mucky ride today ;).

Cranks are FSA Omega (external BB) - branded as Colnago. I got them off of fleabay last year and fitted them mysen. I strongly believe the bike would look much better with a black crankset and yep, Shimano 105 group is on my shortlist for March's pay-rise blowout!

Cheers

young Ed

Veteran
Lol, whole bike got a clean-up when I fitted the wheels... seatpost is a bit grubby because I took the picture mid-way through a fairly mucky ride today ;).

Cranks are FSA Omega (external BB) - branded as Colnago. I got them off of fleabay last year and fitted them mysen. I strongly believe the bike would look much better with a black crankset and yep, Shimano 105 group is on my shortlist for March's pay-rise blowout!

Cheers
What defines an internal or external BB?
Cheers Ed

Cyclist33

er... um...

i think on an external bb the bearing cartridges are outside the frame, this allegedly means the axle can be wider diameter and thus stiffer..?

Top Bottom