Show off your Giant

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Here you will find my entry level defy 5
http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-gb/bikes/model/2014.giant.defy.5/14977/66549/

As I've only been riding for a month I thought would be best to get a nice entry level bike that didn't cost to much encase I didn't like cycling as much as I did when I was younger now I'm hooked and looking at this .

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-gb/bikes/model/2014.giant.defy.composite.1/14976/66539/
Shhhhhhhhhhhh
let's not tell the better half!!!!!
I have the Defy 5 as my run about , then bought a weekend bike :thumbsup: White ones go faster !

HB2210

I have the Defy 5 as my run about , then bought a weekend bike :thumbsup: White ones go faster !

Ooo I got a white one, can't wait to see my average speed increasing :tongue:

jamin100

Guru
Here is my defy 3 composite
First ride was on it was stage. 2 of the tdf last month

Much more nimble that my old boardman CX team

I'm looking to upgrade the wheels to campag zondas very soon, will they make much difference ?

ADF20A4C-934B-482F-A7CE-1DC420B7B850_zps7m8kwzuc.jpg

huwsparky

Über Member
I do like the look of it. And any review of it would be appreciated. I do like my own one but figured I could use the entry level one for my commute and the new one for my longer weekend rides that way I don't get moaned at for the old one sitting about.

Well, over the weekend I have done 2 x 12 mile rides but purposely chose some hilly terrain. Not cycled for quite a while and my fittness is worse than than I hoped it would be!!! :becool:

Now onto the bike, having been out of cycling for so long this bike is well above my ability, I think that's fair to say! It feels so responsive to input of power, I get the feeling that all of my power is helping move me forward.

Ultegra seems nice to use, had a moment where I had to change down under more load than I would have liked but she didn't complain to much!

Not much of a review but the bike is everything I hoped it would be and I'm confident she will serve me well in my attempt to smash the kom's! NOT :laugh:

Philh

Über Member
Here is mine, this was last weekend and only an hour old.

image.jpg

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Here is my defy 3 composite
First ride was on it was stage. 2 of the tdf last month

Much more nimble that my old boardman CX team

I'm looking to upgrade the wheels to campag zondas very soon, will they make much difference ?

ADF20A4C-934B-482F-A7CE-1DC420B7B850_zps7m8kwzuc.jpg
Zondas are cracking wheels and will feel a lot easier when climbing

stephec

Legendary Member
Just got my new bike build finished .... Thanks to Millers Cycles (Wishaw) - my second Giant xx View attachment 53045
View attachment 53046
View attachment 53775
Meet Lillie xx love her :wub: Just finished with custom pedals xxx

There's something missing from that bike, and these would finish it off perfectly - http://www.evanscycles.com/products/hudz/brake-hood-sram-double-tap-ec024207

*PEDANT ALERT* - I know that link is for Sram, but it was the only pink picture I could find, a search will reveal they're also available for Shimano.

Top Bottom