Show off your Giant

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Big Dave laaa

Biking Ninja
hN5Qh1.jpg

Day one hence the stupid disc thingy and reflector still on the back. Oh and the valve caps must remember the valve caps :hello:

tonyg52

bike1 003.JPG
Giant cyclocross set up for light touring.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
My new Giant Revolt 3 for family rides and wet/winter commuting.. I will get some proper mudguards soon but had to ride it in today and rain is forecast for later !

The funny x-defender fairing on the down tube was something I had to fit myself. There were 2 with the bike - one slim and full length, the other short and flared to catch spray from the front wheel. I am not sure whether I should be fitting both or just the one. If I get mudguards then I guess it will be academic, I'll just fit the slim one.

It rides fast and smooth, it is heavier than my Defy and the front end feels bigger & beefier. Claris gives good precise changes although I did find it shifting gear when the bike went over a bump in the road !

The cable disc brakes (only in the dry so far) are good, I didn't find them too fierce. Maybe try some 700x28 tyres later on.

There is limited space on the bars for lights, etc, due to the secondary brake levers, which I doubt I will ever use. Still enough room for a light bracket and the Garmin is on the stem as shown.

IMG_20150508_080003622.jpg

Hyslop

Veteran
Now,I like that!In fact,Ive been trying to get my hands on a Propel for ages.However as I am a Small frame size,there are apparently none to be had,anywhere, by the sound of things.Nor,according to my LBS are Giant all that forthcoming with regard to future stocks.I rather fancied the Advanced with Di2 actually.As a result I find myself looking to a Reacto(same supply problems though) or Cervelo.Hope you thoroughly enjoy it though-looks fast:okay:

stephen davies

It is fast, I have a trek madone also and difference is night and day, I got it November as soon as 2015 models were available, its a ml frame, I wanted and still want better wheels but personally bot tempted by di 2, the 6800 mech ultegra is great. Thank you for comments

jnrmczip

It is fast, I have a trek madone also and difference is night and day, I got it November as soon as 2015 models were available, its a ml frame, I wanted and still want better wheels but personally bot tempted by di 2, the 6800 mech ultegra is great. Thank you for comments

I have also been looking at the propel stunning bike. Hopefully pick 2015 model up on sleep when 2016 bikes are released

jnrmczip

@jnrmczip The Defy Advanced 2 I got should have been £1899 but with 40% off it was just £1139. An absolute bargain I thought and one I couldn't resist!

Excellent deal I'm sure you will enjoy. I have a lot of trust in giant hence the fact my last 2 bikes purchased have been giant and most likely my next few will be also. P's the m/l sizing is an excellent ootion to have as well

mrbikerboy73

Über Member
Excellent deal I'm sure you will enjoy. I have a lot of trust in giant hence the fact my last 2 bikes purchased have been giant and most likely my next few will be also. P's the m/l sizing is an excellent ootion to have as well
Oh I am thoroughly enjoying it already, I've done 1200 miles since I got it and it's a great bike :okay: Mainstream they maybe, but Giant make cracking bikes I think. Mine have all been excellent and I'd buy another one but it won't be for a while!

Top Bottom