Show off your Giant

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

iggibizzle

The proper giant defy ones. Fit spot on :smile:
I had raceblades on the 4. Do a job but these are much better

Jimidh

Veteran
image.jpeg
My Defy 0 with Giant Mudguards - pedals have been changed and as above black bar tape will be added when the white gets too dirty

RegG

Über Member
The proper giant defy ones. Fit spot on :smile:
I had raceblades on the 4. Do a job but these are much better

Thank you for replying. I will have to call in at my Giant dealer and have a look.

View attachment 115303 My Defy 0 with Giant Mudguards - pedals have been changed and as above black bar tape will be added when the white gets too dirty

Great choice of bike! Looks good even with the mudguards!

Jimidh

Veteran
Great choice of bike! Looks good even with the mudguards![/QUOTE]

Thanks I love it - bought it for commuting and general winter bike but is a great bike to ride - it certainly won't be locked away in the summer months.

RegG

Über Member
Some updated photos of my Defy 0, now with black bar tape, Selle Italia C2 Gel Flow saddle, Topeak rear light mounted on bracket for Topeak saddle bag.
IMG_5560.JPG
IMG_5563.jpg
IMG_5565.jpg
IMG_5571.JPG

The bike is also now minus the wheel mounted reflectors and has Shimano SPD/SL pedals fitted. And the bell has been retained as some of the roads/tracks we use are also used by dog walkers and runners so need to have some means of alerting them!

RegG

Über Member
Love it @RegG
How'd you find the saddle ?
Tried two saddles now and not overly comfortable on either but back on the original giant one for now

I read dozens of reviews on various saddles and the Selle Italia seemed to come out well. It is also a similar size to the original Giant saddle which I found comfortable but had to change as it got damaged in a fall. The new one is, for me, very comfortable and probably better than the Giant - and it looks good!

Jimidh

Veteran
Some updated photos of my Defy 0, now with black bar tape, Selle Italia C2 Gel Flow saddle, Topeak rear light mounted on bracket for Topeak saddle bag.
View attachment 115431 View attachment 115432 View attachment 115433 View attachment 115434

The bike is also now minus the wheel mounted reflectors and has Shimano SPD/SL pedals fitted. And the bell has been retained as some of the roads/tracks we use are also used by dog walkers and runners so need to have some means of alerting them!
Looks much better with the black bar tape.

IBarrett

Über Member
Not new, but new to me is my Giant Defy 1
image.jpg

Saturday I had my first ride and 20 miles went fairly easily. So I'm looking forward to a good run out next time we have a decent weekend.

In the meantime though, Yesterday I gave it and my Rockhopper MTB commuter a good scrub.
But some paintwork marks were bothering me so i used some cutting compound to get scuffs out.
Tonight I waxed it.

Damn this manky weather, I need to get out more!

Top Bottom