Show off your Giant

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Looks like a Propel Advanced 2 - very smart and good spec for the money! What is the weight like?

Very light.... And seems a lot more responsive than my alloy Defy. Can't believe the smoothness of 105 over Tiagra but that might have something to do with the Defy being 3 years old on all weather duty and limited maintenance :whistle:

Hoping to get out again on it later.....

Mrs M

Guru
View attachment 146255

My new 2017 Propel.... Picked up yesterday......(in the rain:angry: so had to dry it off..... Hopefully the carbon didn't dissolve too much)....... And Mrs V knows exactly how much it was...... (Not sure she's exactly happy but she knows.....)​
That's lovely :wub:
Enjoy :bicycle: :smile:

rockpig

Über Member
My son's new Defy 3...although he won't actually get it until Christmas.

fullsizeoutput_49c.jpeg

dim

Not mine but the better halfs' new 'old' bike;£40 from a local charity shop, needs some TLC(the shop usually re-furbs bikes but were selling some 'as seen') but generally in good nick;

View attachment 149443

Will pick it up tomorrow so looks like my afternoon job is giving it the once over.

bargain .... the wheels are worth more than £40 .... nice bike ...

add some proper mudguards and a pannier rack with pannier bags and she will be good to send to the shops to get your pizza and beers

bargain .... the wheels are worth more than £40 .... nice bike ...

add some proper mudguards and a pannier rack with pannier bags and she will be good to send to the shops to get your pizza and beers

Mudguards and panniers will be added at some point;plan is to get it set-up for some light touring next year so a Tortec ultralight rack is on the shopping list .
Got to get it sorted and set-up first,might need the stem dropping a bit and checking the usuals.

Don't think suggesting she goes and does the shopping herself would work though:boxing::cycle::B).

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
My wife's new Defy 1 next to my TCR.
20161106_152210.jpg

Mike!

Guru
How are the brakes?

For me great, very powerful even on the carbon rims. Possibly not quite as much "feel" as a set of dual pivot calipers but that's all.

I believe the earlier Propels had brake issues (although haven't had one so can't confirm that) but Giant released an upgrade to them which also allowed 25mm Tyres (as the rear cable used to rub on the top of some 25mm tyres) and the later ones (certainly mine and my club mates) have no issues at all

Top Bottom