show us your aluminium

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NormanD

Lunatic Asylum Escapee
My Boardman Team CX out in the sun today

Boardtwo.jpg

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I saw one of these in Evans today and fell in love with it. How you finding it?

Well after 3 commutes and 100 miles I can tell you this.
It's surprisingly comfy for an Alu bike, especially compared to the Alu Spesh Sectuer I used to have. It's also quite nippy, get's up to speed quickly and is easy to throw about in traffic. The only downside is that I am getting a bit of buzz from the handlebars, strange for carbon forks. But nothing a little thicker bar tape wont solve. All in all, very happy with it, and the matt finish has grown on me.

sazzaa

Well after 3 commutes and 100 miles I can tell you this.
It's surprisingly comfy for an Alu bike, especially compared to the Alu Spesh Sectuer I used to have. It's also quite nippy, get's up to speed quickly and is easy to throw about in traffic. The only downside is that I am getting a bit of buzz from the handlebars, strange for carbon forks. But nothing a little thicker bar tape wont solve. All in all, very happy with it, and the matt finish has grown on me.
I've been trying to justify a purchase but I just can't, it's too close in spec to the bike I have. Think I need to go steel or full carbon on my next bike... Or get something daft like a Brompton!

Gains84

Finally got around to cutting the steerer tube on my peloton!

Added bottle cages, spa pedals, new wider bars, longer stem and trying a different saddle...frame and components are standard though!!

Attachments

• P_20140713_152303_1.jpg
    P_20140713_152303_1.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 49

frogeyes

Got this today :smile:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 59
D

Deleted member 23692

Looks really fresh!

What seat is that and how does it feel?

Luke
Cheers for the comment :thumbsup:

The saddle is an 'SDG Circuit' and I find it very comfy indeed.. so much so I've got the' SDG Circuit Mountain' on my MTB

_GRF1728_zpsd63cc60b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 23692

My MTB was stolen whilst stopping at my folks last weekend... from a concrete garage with a up and over door that has a security lock fitted (according to blurb). The clever pikey managed to open the door without causuing any sign of entry, and even made sure the door was locked afterwards.

So it's out with the old (stolen) 2008 Cube LTD Comp

_GRF1530_zpsd5b009b0.jpg

and in with the new (purchase) 2011 Cube LTD Race

_GRF2135_zpsf0cf9ef0.jpg

Picked it up today. It's in wonderful nick but needs a good service and a few £££'s spending on saddle, pedals grips etc etc

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
My MTB was stolen whilst stopping at my folks last weekend... from a concrete garage with a up and over door that has a security lock fitted (according to blurb). The clever pikey managed to open the door without causuing any sign of entry, and even made sure the door was locked afterwards.

So it's out with the old (stolen) 2008 Cube LTD Comp

_GRF1530_zpsd5b009b0.jpg

and in with the new (purchase) 2011 Cube LTD Race

_GRF2135_zpsf0cf9ef0.jpg

Picked it up today. It's in wonderful nick but needs a good service and a few £££'s spending on saddle, pedals grips etc etc
Feck about the garage door but if you know how they are easy to pop, when swmbo reversed the car into ours and bent it so bad i had to get the insurance company to send a locksmith he got it open in about 15 minutes tops ( bearing in mind it was bent and stuck solid) and then just cut the cables to keep it down till they fitted a new one

Top Bottom