show us your aluminium

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Batgirl

In Disguise!
Here's my 'recycled' jalopy bike (sorry but she's not good looking). She's new to me but has been laying in wait for a looong time.

Not sure of her year (would like to know out of interest if anyone can help establish it).
She's an Apollo Outback GT 18 gear

This is her after a clean up (she was very rusty in places (wheels, chain etc).
She's due to have her gears overhauled, new chain, new tyres and tubes. She'll be used for fitness and commuting to station. I'm thinking about removing her stickers as someone has tried already so one is poking up a bit.

10630650_690643424354854_5342010032286916727_o_zpsbecfbe86.jpg

She's been enjoying the scenery we take in together so no longer living in a garden or garage or wherever she's been hiding till I got her.

Batgirl

In Disguise!
My MTB was stolen whilst stopping at my folks last weekend... from a concrete garage with a up and over door that has a security lock fitted (according to blurb). The clever pikey managed to open the door without causuing any sign of entry, and even made sure the door was locked afterwards.

So it's out with the old (stolen) 2008 Cube LTD Comp

_GRF1530_zpsd5b009b0.jpg

and in with the new (purchase) 2011 Cube LTD Race

_GRF2135_zpsf0cf9ef0.jpg

Picked it up today. It's in wonderful nick but needs a good service and a few £££'s spending on saddle, pedals grips etc etc

Ground anchor.. sink the thing into concrete and chain your bike. It's what I had to do with my motoribike in Manchester and it never went missing despite some 'interested people' taking off the bike cover that was on her, they would have had to take half my driveway up to get her.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Here's my 'recycled' jalopy bike (sorry but she's not good looking). She's new to me but has been laying in wait for a looong time.

Not sure of her year (would like to know out of interest if anyone can help establish it).
She's an Apollo Outback GT 18 gear

This is her after a clean up (she was very rusty in places (wheels, chain etc).
She's due to have her gears overhauled, new chain, new tyres and tubes. She'll be used for fitness and commuting to station. I'm thinking about removing her stickers as someone has tried already so one is poking up a bit.

10630650_690643424354854_5342010032286916727_o_zpsbecfbe86.jpg

She's been enjoying the scenery we take in together so no longer living in a garden or garage or wherever she's been hiding till I got her.

Looks like a steel bike rather then Alu.

Buzzinonbikes

My newish build. New frame with everything else from my old Dolan. Love it! Commuter/Winter trainer.

Kinesis Racelite T2
Sora 3500 Groupset
Tiagra hubs/Mavic open sport
PDW Full metal fenders (Love these)
Tubus Fly
Exposure Strada, Philips Lumi ring, Cateye Rapid 5
Since switched out to double sided SPD's and fitted super long mud flaps

Sorry for the MASSIVE pics
photo%201.JPG
photo.JPG

Drago

Legendary Member
There's a Kinesis Racelight with Sora that often parks up at work. The frame is absolutely identical to my 2011 Pinnacle Dolomite. Forks are different, but the frame itself is an exact replica, down to the tiniest detail.

sackville d

Veteran
Got the frame from biggs682, a Racelight Gran Fondo scandium,had a root around in the spare part box,bought some new finishing kit and came up with this handsome devil.

Gears are Ultegra 6700 stis
6600 sl rear mech
1055 front mech
Gigantex carbon cranks with compact rings on 105 Octalink BB
6600 front brake
6500 rear brake
Hope Pro3 on Mavic OpenPro
New 105 carbon pedals
Planet x bars stem saddle and bottle cages
Portland Design Works Full Metal Fenders
I dont know if I`m imagining that the scandium is helping ride comfort but it is a very nice ride.It will be used as winter commuter and wet weather ride.

Attachments

• DSCF4344.JPG
    DSCF4344.JPG
    161.8 KB · Views: 198
  • DSCF4345.JPG
    DSCF4345.JPG
    165.2 KB · Views: 166
  • DSCF4347.JPG
    DSCF4347.JPG
    186.9 KB · Views: 187
  • DSCF4348.JPG
    DSCF4348.JPG
    113.8 KB · Views: 190
  • DSCF4351.JPG
    DSCF4351.JPG
    157.7 KB · Views: 190
  • DSCF4352.JPG
    DSCF4352.JPG
    176.9 KB · Views: 177

sackville d

Veteran
a very nice winter bike...... full mudguards are the only way to go in my opinion. I wish I had a parts box with stuff as good as yours in it !
I was out and about at 6 this morning seeing if my dicky shoulder was feeling any better(alas no) and was caught out in heavy rain and strong winds and the PDW mudguards worked a treat.I`ve used Crud Race in the past but these metal mothers are in a different league,light strong and not a hint of rattle.

As for the spare parts box,I know, I was supposed to sell it all in the classified section but I went and built another flaming bike again didn`t I?...Oh well.:whistle:

OP
OP
Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
As the instigator of this thread, I suppose I'd better add to it again...a Specialized Langster, track geometry but with both brakes. I've only taped the bars and added bottle cages and SPD's for my winter boots. I'm currently running 48/17, 48/18 on a double fixed hub. One of the cheapest bikes I've owned but definitely one of the best, go figure.
image.jpg

Top Bottom