Show Us Your Carbon!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My Focus Cayo Evo 6. Ready to go, on day two of the Hotchillee London To Paris.

Attachments

• IMG_20140703_115750.jpg
    IMG_20140703_115750.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 68

gds58

Über Member
Is that rear brake cable going over the stem? Looks like it's at a really awkward angle, I'd sort that out ASAP as it will be adversely affecting your braking as is. I'd also level the saddle if I were you... Lovely bike otherwise though, like the paint job.
My thoughts exactly!! in addition, there are far too many spacers under the stem. Recommendations for a carbon steerer (which this has) are a maximum of the thickness of the steerer (i.e. 30mm) for safety reasons as it puts too much stress on the fork steerer with this much on it and it could have catastrophic results. Need at least half of those taken out my friend!

All the reports on here, and other forums of continually having to fix, take apart, regrease due to creaks.
I think @smokeysmoo (iirc) has gone down the correct route and adapted his bb30 to HTII.
Yup Ian's spot on :thumbsup:

After loads of grief with the BB30 on my Cannondale I adapted it and fitted a Hollowtech II chainset, and with not a sound in sight since I've never looked back.

It literally turned the bike from a nightmare into the dream I expected it to be when I bought it :thumbsup:

2wd

Canyon Aeroad CF 7.0 Di2
Canyon Aeroad's been put away until spring,enter the new winter bike...
Ribble Evo Pro Carbon with Mavic Ksyrium Elite Wheels
Quite pleased with it

ffe00f2b-e143-48d5-9296-bdce6720567f_zpsc63859ed.jpg

Top Bottom