Show Us Your Carbon!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davester65

Growing Old is Compulsory...Growing Up is Optional
That's because it's a Small and the guy taking the pic wasc over 6'4

How tall are you?

Tojo

Über Member
Like that a lot, some people may call the colour scheme dull but I like it!

I think they referred to it as Stealth when I bought it, also I prefer the Planet X logo on it as their previous ones were big solid lettering which I think looked a bit tacky, got it late last year on one of their one off deals, I think they were £1200 before, I got it for £900 thought that was canny specially with full Ultegra, I put the Deda stem, spacers, seat stem and seat on also obviously put my wheels on, with the Zondas on it tips the scales at just over 7kg......:thumbsup:

Tojo

Über Member
I think the bike industry needs to get a grip with frame sizing its gone to rat sh**t all these drop tubes and equivalent sizes I got measured up when I was 15 yrs old for a hand built frame and the only question I was asked was..... what type of cycling do you do.
There seems now that there is so many different options out there that it is misleading people to what they actually need for their chosen discipline and unless you know I think a lot of potential new cyclists get put off by flim flam when they have all the best intentions of going and buying a bike and using it....Views please and criticisms.
By the way the the frame fitted me....Perfectly.....:eek:...Strange

Last edited:

Dark46

Veteran
Here's another picture that it looks normal in.

I know the cage is upside down lol

I've had a proper bike fitting from Eastgate Cycles in Gloucester and the bike feels amazing. Yesterday I did 43 milestone first time I've done anything like that time in the saddle or distance on a road bike. I suffered no aches or pains anywhere, I was expecting possible back ache as Ive been riding a hybrid up till now.

Attachments

• received_10152735073920678.jpeg
    received_10152735073920678.jpeg
    126.1 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2

I've had a proper bike fitting from Eastgate Cycles in Gloucester and the bike feels amazing. Yesterday I did 43 milestone first time I've done anything like that time in the saddle or distance on a road bike. I suffered no aches or pains anywhere, I was expecting possible back ache as Ive been riding a hybrid up till now.

Your cage is the right way up :unsure: either that or all of mine are upside down ^_^

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
^^^^ what he said!

Tojo

Über Member

Is that set back seat stem a result of the fitting....?

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I think I would have gone for a longer stem instead and keep your position over the pedals...!

The set back seat post (which is a pretty standard configuration) may well have been chosen order to achieve the correct position over the bottom bracket.

Tojo

Über Member
The set back seat post (which is a pretty standard configuration) may well have been chosen order to achieve the correct position over the bottom bracket.

Yeh, I suppose we're all different, I'm the same height as Dark46, but when I looked at the geometry of the last bike I bought according to them I should have had a small but I went for the medium because of the reach and even then when I got it I had to put on a longer stem as I felt hunched up but that is probably just me as I've always up until then had older geometry bikes and not the sloping type top tubes, it may be interesting for me to go and get a proper fitting on one of the new adjustable gizmo's but I think if I was left to my own devices I would still go with a longer steam or just drop it down.:unsure:

Top Bottom