Show Us Your Carbon!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Boyfrom64

Veteran
Paul,
I already own a Secteur so I know exactly what you talk about with regards to it being a very capable mile-muncher; I did not know about the specialized Pave seat post, which is something I will look into because I have already been thinking about getting a carbon seat post to help reduce some of the road buzz.
The reason why asked about what difference you found in riding the Secteur and the Roubaix, is that I am looking at getting a carbon bike and was interested to hear the thoughts of someone who has one, especially when you also have the aluminium version as well. Two other bikes that I like the look of and want to consider are the Willier Izoard XP and the Ribble Gran Fondo.

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
I have no experience of the other 2 you mention, but if you like your secteur you will love a Roubaix.

I was concerned about having 2 such similar bikes, but they are different enough to make it worthwhile.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Two other bikes that I like the look of and want to consider are the Willier Izoard XP and the Ribble Gran Fondo.

Willier had a fork recall on the XP recently and I don't think they handled it as well as they could have. They listed numbers of the effected bikes and repaired the issue with no compensation to the customer.
Specialized by contrast had a fork recall and although they knew the frame number range decided to inspect all bikes of the models from that year just to make certain. They also gave owners 100 quid compensation no matter if the bike had issues or not as a way to appologize for the inconvenience caused. I was also offered a loan bike while mine was being inspected.
I think not enough people think about service and support behind products but for me its a major consideration.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Updated pic, added a bit more carbon in the way of new cranks and a lighter saddle, have been using a fizik saddle for a while, but a guy i know lent me a specialized toupe, did a few miles on it on saturday morning, bought one saturday evening, did 60 miles on it today could of carried on riding all day, would definitely recommend this saddle.
RIMG0030-1.jpg

Boyfrom64

Veteran
Mr Haematocrit said:
I think not enough people think about service and support behind products but for me its a major consideration.

An interesting point of view and I applaud Specialized for the approach they took. in fact a great number of companies could learn from this example.

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
A lot of people dismiss Specialized as "a faceless American brand".

However, during my time loitering around concept stores I have seen faulty items brought back and replaced or refunded with no fuss, the advice they give is generally spot on and they will get you a demo bike.

There may be more exotic bikes, but if Im dropping big money then support on my doorstep (Birmingham and Stafford) counts for a lot to me.

Reactions: gaz

thegravestoneman

three wheels on my wagon
Fresh from the bike shop and up on the stable yard my new Cinelli Saetta, still awaiting its proper wheels after a bit of a mix up but here it is.

Attachments

• cinelli in kboro.jpg
    cinelli in kboro.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 131

thegravestoneman

three wheels on my wagon
Very nice. You are obviously very flexible :smile: Think my back would break all together with that drop!

The angle of the photo exaggerates it a bit, but although the bars are lower than my Sara the hoods are at the same height and the drops are much shallower. (I have controlled my urge for inappropriate flexabilty comments)

Breedon

Legendary Member
Updated pic, added a bit more carbon in the way of new cranks and a lighter saddle, have been using a fizik saddle for a while, but a guy i know lent me a specialized toupe, did a few miles on it on saturday morning, bought one saturday evening, did 60 miles on it today could of carried on riding all day, would definitely recommend this saddle.
RIMG0030-1.jpg

Very very nice loving Cervelo right now, might be the new bike for next year.

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
My new TT bike.....

312218_471712422909027_1537364688_n.jpg

Built using a mix of new and spare parts:
Planet-X Stealth TT Frame, fork & seatpost
Deda Stem
Profile bars and extentions
Shimano DA Brake levers and shifters
Shimano DA cranks 53/39
Shimano DA Cassette 12-25
KMC X10-SL chain
Speedplay Zero pedals
Fizik Arione Tri2 saddle
Shimano Ultegra Mechs
Shimano 105 brakes with swissstop green pads
Mavic Carbone SL wheelset with powertap Pro
Vittoria Open Corsa CX tyres with latex tubes

Not ridden a TT bike before but I'm really loving this bike, it's seriously fast. In time will save up for a disc and an 80mm front wheel. Stack will get lowered eventually once I've fine tuned the position.

Top Bottom