Show us your Commuting Bike !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My Boardman Hybrid Comp. I only commute 1.5 miles each way to work, so have dual purpose Shimano pedals, and fitted the Ergon GP5 grips earlier this week. Took my SKS chronoplastic mudguards off though for the summer (not like we have a summer these days though)

2mg2ss0.jpg

RhythMick

Über Member
Here's my commuter and general purpose all round bike. Planet X Kaffenback SRAM RED, with 25mm tyres and SPD if I'm riding purely on road and 35mm Marathon+ with Wellgo MG1 flats if I'm on trails or a mix.

The pic is on my commute to work too.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1343320009.594146.jpg

bicyclos

Part time Anorak
My 12yr old workhorse and still going strong. I use this bike now as an emergency backup.

bike1.jpg

Built this bike from the cheap Raleigh frame I purchased in January this year. Mixture of old and new parts plus the wheels I built myself. Good comfy bike for the commute.
bike2.JPG

mikmurray

Regular
My Boardman Hybrid Comp. I only commute 1.5 miles each way to work, so have dual purpose Shimano pedals, and fitted the Ergon GP5 grips earlier this week. Took my SKS chronoplastic mudguards off though for the summer (not like we have a summer these days though)

2mg2ss0.jpg
hi mate, thinking of getting 1 of these for my 6 mile commute mainly tarmac, couple of questions please....is there a big ring to get a good speed up and do you have any idea of your average speed? cheers for the answers, would really help me out.
mik

On of these is going to be my next purchase. It has a 2-speed SRAM which automatically changes up at 15kph.

Going to try to order one at the w/end.

Waarmakers-x-Azor-Bike-Schokland-12-1.jpg

May I ask the name of this beautiful creature?

U

User169

May I ask the name of this beautiful creature?

It's an Azor Schokland. Azor is a Dutch bike maker, but I think they have distributors in the UK if you want to get one.

You won't find much on Azor's website - they pride themselves on a zero marketing budget! I previously had one of their more traditional looking bikes which was fantastic (it got nicked unfortunately). It seemed to be virtually indestructable and required almost no maintenance. Great bikes - highly recommended!

Haha yes the website wasn't too helpful was it? Not even a pricelist! But it really looks like a beautiful bike. I'm a little curious about the type of posture you would have to assume in order to ride it. Not one for those with bad backs I'm guessing.

Top Bottom