Show us your Commuting Bike !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kins

Über Member
This is my main and only working form of transport at the moment, so commuter, shopper etc. Out today to work, then round an old blokes house to fill his coal buckets from his bunker, bit of shopping and bit of tom foolery on the way home.

8391547407_1551195c35_c.jpg
8391537845_5c221a5f93_c.jpg
8392624186_5ca8ca18b1_c.jpg

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Just picked up this little ripper for my short commute and about town. Really chuffed with it. Should be nice after a spruce.

Every teenagers dream in the seventies.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
This is my all round all purpose bike. It is NOT a Rory O'Brien but a Dawes of some sort with a real dog's dinner of components including Cinelli bars and stem plus Shimano bits. Great to ride though.
20120909_134339OBrien.jpg

Cycleops

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 2263413, member: 1314"]What I was on most of last year - viva pista 2. Sexy mofo. Too cool to be seen outside the shadows. 53x18 fixed. Having a drink with me in a Waterloo boozer. This was a grinder.

What I'm on this year. Urbane, understated, dynamic cooper sebring. 42x16 fixed. With new espresso wheels. Rides like a silent dream. Too cool to be seen sharply. Effortless.[/quote].

Do you think you could wipe some of the vaseline off the camera lens next time?

inkd

2013-01-19 12.10.43.jpg

My Commuter and only bike, Just fitted the tortec tour rear rack as the rucksack sweaty back routine was getting old. Next payday will see new brakes fitted as stock ones are very poor in this weather.

Kins

Über Member
Here's my commuter! First road bike and first bike in a while! Not really built for this weather though!!!!! View attachment 17807

Jesus, you let your pets climb on the furniture! :tongue:

Psyclist

Über Member
Resurrecting this thread with my now commuter bike. Started off to be a single speed for winter training but I found it to be a good commuter with the 46:19 ratio. Going to make a couple of changes like the tyres as the cheapo Raleigh ones are frightening in the wet! Will also get clip on SKS mud guards soon.
Frame:
Reynolds 531c Mercian Strada Speciale
Fork/Headset:
Mercian fork/Campagnolo HS14 Athena headset
Crankset/Bottom Bracket:
46t Chrome steel single crank/ISO BB
Pedals:
MKS Touring/foot retention coming soon
Drivetrain/Cog/Chainring/Chain:
N/A/Dicta brand 19t cog/Chrome steel single piece/crank/Miche Pista Track chain
Handlebars/Stem:
Cinelli Giro D'Italia bars/Giro D'Italia stem 100mm
Saddle/Seatpost:
Selle Italia Turbo/Fluted seatpost
Brakes:
Shimano 600 levers/Shimano 105 Champagne callipers
Front Wheel/Hub/Tire:
Shimano Rim/Quando Hub/Raleigh Tan Walled Tyre To be replaced with a Continental Hardshell
Rear Wheel/Hub/Tire:
Shimano Rim/Quando Hub/Raleigh Tan Walled Tyre To be replaced with a Continental Hardshell
Accessories:
Knog Frog Lights, Lezyne light and cycle computer

p4pb9375986.jpg

Bodhbh

Guru
[QUOTE 2263413, member: 1314"]Having a drink with me in a Waterloo boozer....[/quote]

Any chance of saying which one? I'm often crossing London between stations and it's always handy to know which pubs you can lug you're bike in without too much drama while waiting on connections. I was a big fan of the Euston Tap for this, but now Waterloo is my main point of entry!

Top Bottom