Show us your Commuting Bike !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuUngar

Scott Sub 30 2011 - Love this bike and can't see me getting rid. All original except for pedals Shimano M424, brakes & levers Avid SD7, longer stem & smaller cassette. Am still on the original Continental Sport Contact tyres somehow and have only had one puncture in quite a few thousand miles.
Keep threatening to put some new ones on - next puncture I'm gonna have to bin em!

Scott sub.jpg

StuUngar

My Boardman Hybrid Comp. I only commute 1.5 miles each way to work, so have dual purpose Shimano pedals, and fitted the Ergon GP5 grips earlier this week. Took my SKS chronoplastic mudguards off though for the summer (not like we have a summer these days though)

2mg2ss0.jpg

Chris-H

Über Member
Only arrived last week.. Lots to be done, but ...hey!!! :pump:
View attachment 31860
Yayyyy you got one !!!:wahhey:

Chris-H

Über Member
Yup!!! Changing tyres as we speak... Need to put pedals, mudguards, replace handlebar tape, brake pads and properly clean and lube and he should be good as new!!!
Not as pretty as yours, but he looks pretty cool! ;)

How's your back Chris?
So your enjoying yourself being buried in bike bits eh? I do miss mine but turns out the sizing was wrong which was why it was aggravating my back, I still have slight pain in my left arm every now and then but good news is i'm back on a drop bar bike and comfortable, its a perfect fit. Looking forward to seeing it built up, what colour bar tape you going for?

So your enjoying yourself being buried in bike bits eh? I do miss mine but turns out the sizing was wrong which was why it was aggravating my back, I still have slight pain in my left arm every now and then but good news is i'm back on a drop bar bike and comfortable, its a perfect fit. Looking forward to seeing it built up, what colour bar tape you going for?

Oh, that's good!!! Did you have it fitted properly? I had mine done again with John @ Priory Marina and the improvement was massive (previously done @ Corley's)
Are you going out with BRCC still? Joined them a couple of weeks ago, but only been out with them once.
Yes, there's nothing like doing up a bike is there? :smile:
As you know I don't do colours, so I shall return him to his original Black & White scheme. So white handlebar tape, black and white tyres and white Selle Italia..
Will post 'before' and 'after' pics when it's finished. Happy days!
What are you riding now?

Chris-H

Über Member
Oh, that's good!!! Did you have it fitted properly? I had mine done again with John @ Priory Marina and the improvement was massive (previously done @ Corley's)
Are you going out with BRCC still? Joined them a couple of weeks ago, but only been out with them once.
Yes, there's nothing like doing up a bike is there? :smile:
As you know I don't do colours, so I shall return him to his original Black & White scheme. So white handlebar tape, black and white tyres and white Selle Italia..
Will post 'before' and 'after' pics when it's finished. Happy days!
What are you riding now?
I stumbled across my current bike by chance, a lovely steel Peugeot bike in lovely condition and fits me like a glove, I hav'nt been out with anyone for quite a long time now and longing for a group ride, are you still with icycle? With your bar tape i'd seriously reconsider white this time of year, my Tape was ruined after a few rides on my Bianchi, gloves get wet and stain the tape etc, maybe black for winter and white for summer? What happened to your Giant?

I stumbled across my current bike by chance, a lovely steel Peugeot bike in lovely condition and fits me like a glove, I hav'nt been out with anyone for quite a long time now and longing for a group ride, are you still with icycle? With your bar tape i'd seriously reconsider white this time of year, my Tape was ruined after a few rides on my Bianchi, gloves get wet and stain the tape etc, maybe black for winter and white for summer? What happened to your Giant?

The trick for white tape is first clean it with Jif (the original) on wet cloth and as soon as it's dry then spray with clear shoe polisher or clothes water proofing spray (Rapha is very good).. ;)

The Giant was sold when I finished building my carbon bike. Now I need a bike for my commute and my winter rides, so... :smile:
Still with iCycle, but their winter rides are too short and the egos of some members too big, so I like to be able to cherry pick rides.
Shall we arrange a nice CC ride then?

Chris-H

Über Member
The trick for white tape is first clean it with Jif (the original) on wet cloth and as soon as it's dry then spray with clear shoe polisher or clothes water proofing spray (Rapha is very good).. ;)

The Giant was sold when I finished building my carbon bike. Now I need a bike for my commute and my winter rides, so... :smile:
Still with iCycle, but their winter rides are too short and the egos of some members too big, so I like to be able to cherry pick rides.
Shall we arrange a nice CC ride then?
Ahh I didn't realise you had got your carbon, and yep I think a cc ride is definatly due:thumbsup:

Top Bottom