Show us your... dog

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mrs M

Guru
View attachment 140744

View attachment 140745

A couple of recent pics of my Dogue de Bordeaux.
Sadly she has been diagnosed with cancer. I noticed a lump on her when we was on holiday last week, we took her to the vets when we got back and had a biopsy done and the results came back that it was cancer.
The vet said its near her lymph glands and because of this there's a very high chance it has spread elsewhere.
The thing is she's old now, Bordeaux have and average life from around 5-8 and she's 8 in December. I don't want to put her through the stress of an op especially when there's a high chance it has spread.
We talked about this as a family and also with the vet and we've all agreed to let nature take its course. She's happy, not in pain and apart from the lump you wouldn't know she was ill. As time goes by we'll take it one step at a time and the vet said pain killers will help.
Once she has no quality of life I know it'll be time to say goodbye
Aw, she's lovely :smile:
Very sad new for you all but you are doing the right thing, bloomin hard though :hugs:
Hope you have lots of good times left xx

madferret

Über Member
Ted, aka Teduardo, Teddy Boy, Tedward, Get Down, Come back etc.

20160612_210139.jpg

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
View attachment 140744

View attachment 140745

Sadly she has been diagnosed with cancer. I noticed a lump on her when we was on holiday last week, we took her to the vets when we got back and had a biopsy done and the results came back that it was cancer.
The vet said its near her lymph glands and because of this there's a very high chance it has spread elsewhere.
The thing is she's old now, Bordeaux have and average life from around 5-8 and she's 8 in December. I don't want to put her through the stress of an op especially when there's a high chance it has spread.
We talked about this as a family and also with the vet and we've all agreed to let nature take its course. She's happy, not in pain and apart from the lump you wouldn't know she was ill. As time goes by we'll take it one step at a time and the vet said pain killers will help.
Sorry to hear that :sad:

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
View attachment 140744

View attachment 140745

Sad news. I hope you can enjoy the time left to the full.

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
Thanks for all your kind words, I have felt a bit empty the last few days. They do become one of the family, don't they.

She has been spoiled rotten the last few days (but then she always has been) she knows which cupboard her treats are kept in and I swear she has spent most of the weekend sitting by it every time I walk into the kitchen!

Last edited:

iandg

Legendary Member
View attachment 140744

View attachment 140745

Sorry to hear this. Always difficult knowing the right time to say goodbye :sad:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
View attachment 140744

View attachment 140745

Sadly she has been diagnosed View attachment 140799 with cancer. I noticed a lump on her when we was on holiday last week, we took her to the vets when we got back and had a biopsy done and the results came back that it was cancer.
:hugs:

I lost my lad to Prostate cancer just over 5yrs ago, still miss the lad.

004.jpg

Last edited:

madferret

Über Member
Thanks for all your kind words, I have felt a bit empty the last few days. They do become one of the family, don't they.

She has been spoiled rotten the last few days (but then she always has been) she knows which cupboard her treats are kept in and I swear she has spent most of the weekend sitting by it every time I walk into the kitchen!

Sorry I stuck Ted's photo in the middle of this, I have to admit having only read the Thread title and not content. I am really sorry about your news, our animals are family. She looks lovely, enjoy every day with her. :hugs:

jayonabike