Show us your mutt.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Renmurew

Veteran
I know you!!! I followed Nzo's blog! LOL

Wow! Hi, It's a small world lol

Nzo's blog is currently being transferred to a blogging site. It's about half way there, then he can get back to updating it regularly. He loved writing it. Lol I'll send you a link when it's ready.

Wendy

ScotiaLass

Guru
Wow! Hi, It's a small world lol

Nzo's blog is currently being transferred to a blogging site. It's about half way there, then he can get back to updating it regularly. He loved writing it. Lol I'll send you a link when it's ready.

Wendy
Please do. I know you from the dog site but I haven't visited there since I lost Wallace, 3 years last week.

CharlesF

Guru
This is Cartouche Lord Sam a Rhodesian Ridgeback - aka Sam - in his prime. At age 14½ on 20th February he went to the happy hunting grounds and we miss him more than we thought possible. He was a gentle, lazy giant who loved chasing squirrels and suddenly going berserk roaring up and down trying to look fierce but ending up just looking mad. He loved everyone he met but would be very protective if he thought someone was threatening, especially towards my wife or daughter.

Attachments

• IMG_3015.JPG
    IMG_3015.JPG
    140.6 KB · Views: 19

Mrs M

Guru
Here's my mutt. His name is Lemmy, which is short for Lemmington Spudulika Hairyballs. He's a Field Labrador, with 5 solid generations of field trials champions in his pedigree. The absolute pinnacle of Labrador breeding.

I bought him for the Missus when she retired to keep her company and to make her get out and exercise. I chose a Lab for their intelligence, gentle temperament and warm character. I was never a doggy person before but this little feller has blown me away.
Spudulika was the name of one of Wayne and Waynettas kids.
The "exotic" version of Spud 'u' Like. :smile:

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Chance, our Jack Russell / Border Collie rescue dog.
Not sure how old he is, but the vet reckons he's about 12. He's a truly great dog who goes bonkers for walks on the beach, even though he's slowing down a bit now.
We inherited him when my dad passed, which makes him even more special.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 23

Dave 123

Legendary Member
As a lad I'd always wanted a dog, but wasn't allowed one as my dad said it was cruel to keep it indoors all day while we were out. I eventually got my own way when Thomas was 2 years old. Mrs Dave was fairly sceptical. Via the Labrador rescue trust we had the pleasure of an 18 month old big ball of energy in the shape of Bruno the black lab. Within 30 seconds of arriving he'd shot straight through the house and into the garden, did many laps of my small circular lawn (ripping it to shreds) then came in, muddy paws, breathless with a look on his face that said " that was the dogs.....!"
That night Jo and I lay in bed and we both said at the same time" he's going back tomorrow"
He must have been good the following day!
He'd not been groomed and we stuck him in the bath, under the shower. The hair was everywhere. We probably had enough hair to make another 5 dogs of the same size!
I know everyone's dog is special to them but this clown won everyone's heart with his intelligence, exuberance and comedy timing.
He and Thomas had this stand off. I can still hear a young Thomas shouting "Brudo! Get out of the way!" We were all walking him in Eastham woods on the Wirral, Thomas about 5 years old, 100yds in front. A Rottweiler wandered in between us ( minding his own business) and soft arse Bruno seemed to quadruple in size, went all dignified alpha male and steered the big dog away. Until then Bruno had kind of known his place, and I thought he just tolerated the boy, but this made us both think "bloody hell, we're a team!"

In his latter years Mrs Dave was floored for 18 months with post viral fatigue, she was house bound. Mrs sceptical couldn't have had a more loyal nurse and friend.
In 2003 I started working on a private estate, tied cottage etc and Bruno hung around outside in my garden being bullied by the chickens! After 7 years my employers shafted me very nastily. I was out of a job. It was that week that the now 14 yo grey muzzled, gentle old fella lost the use of his legs fully.
I'd been absolutely crushed that week, but I'd always envisaged me taking him on his last car ride, but I just couldn't do it. I picked him up, carried him to the car, stuck him in the back, kissed him on the head, thanked him, and apologised. Jo took him to the vets. I stood on the gravel blubbing. I went inside and my 15yo son gave me a hug.

image.jpg

For the next couple of years my head was in a right old state. The way they'd treated me really had me in a bad place. I was adamant we weren't getting another "bloody" dog, I guess that the 2 final chapters of his life and my sacking merged into one.

In this last year I've started missing having him around, and the three of us would all like another. I can also now fully appreciate that he was so much more than just a dog.

But guess what? Turns out my dad ( and him and Bruno were the biggest of buddies) was right, in our current life we're out all day, and that just wouldn't be right.

Top Bottom