show us your red 'n' black

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
:wub:

Picture 591.jpg

mike chadwick

Astrobike
image.jpg

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
image.png
My Roubaix with Di2

wonderloaf

Veteran
Is that the "go outdoors" brand? Their MTB bikes get quite good reviews, what's the road bike like?
Yes it's from Go Outdoors and it's my first road bike (did have a 'racer' in my teens though!) so don't really have anything to compare it against, but I'm really happy with it, can't wait to get out on it at weekends! What attracted me to it was although it's not an established name like Specialized, Cube, etc it seems well built for the price and was well spec'ed with Ally frame, Carbon forks, Sora Groupset, FSA stems and handlebars, Selle Italia saddle, and pretty nice 30mm rim wheels. The only things I've changed are the wheels upgraded to Shimano RS11's which I like (although a lot of people turn their noses up at them) the pedals (obviously) and a shorter handlebar stem. If anybody is in the market for a starter bike and are considering the likes of store bike eg Decathlon, Halfords, Merlin, etc then they should give Go Outdoors a look, as I found their prices to be very competitive for similarly spec'd bikes, and a lot cheaper than a mainstream manufacturer. Problem is now I've got it I now know exactly what I want from a road bike and keep looking at the expensive mainstream models! Oh well I can dream!

Top Bottom