Show us your Specialized

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ozz77

Latest addition, Stumpjumper Comp Carbon 2015

IMG_04191.jpg

kipster

Guru
Just bought my son this, Allez E5 Smart weld frame set custom build.

image.jpg

kipster

Guru
Hi,
I would be interested to hear of you thoughts (or sons thoughts) on how smartweld compares to carbon, if you have tried a carbon frame.
He's only ridden aluminium, so it will be tricky to compare. I'll try and get a short ride in on it, but can only compare it with my relaxed geometry carbon frame (which is fairly harsh for carbon anyway).

First impressions, it is light, and feel solid and stiff. The wheels may get changed (his old bike has some lighter Cero Ar24's).

His first ride on it yesterday (20 miles) over some rough roads, it was a little harsh but quick. His fitness isn't the best at the moment so he didn't push on the hills (lazy teenager).

My thoughts for him were that good quality aluminium would be better that low end carbon at our price point. Plus he thinks he might race so this should cover that option. Plus the matte black looks great.

Last edited:

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
nice bike however rear dérailleur cable needs shortened I think, looks like it will catch the rear spokes :tongue: and tidy up that bar tape you have some gaps :biggrin:

jack smith

Veteran
It's sram your supposed to have it so the cable enters the mech flat, that's the shortest I could get it for silky smooth shifting, Dosent bother me at all.
As for the steerer I have a dodgy lower back and have only had the bike out for a few rides so I'm still experimenting with bar height, I think I'm actually going to leave the stem in the top position.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
That is the longest rear dérailleur cable I have ever seen.
Also you could cut the steerer tube down a tad.
I think thats his spare tube lol

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
nice bike however rear dérailleur cable needs shortened I think, looks like it will catch the rear spokes :tongue: and tidy up that bar tape you have some gaps :biggrin:
The new owner will shorten the cable..........will be in the cc classifieds within 6 weeks :smile:

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
will be in the cc classifieds within 6 weeks :smile:

I`ll offer a pre-emptive £22.75 and a bag of scratchings. (but I think Jacks happy with this one - he might even keep it!)

That long cable loop seems to be a signature of Jack with sram, I have mentioned it before on other bikes and he says that how it works best for him, though I would worry about it getting into the spokes myself.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Maybe he uses it as a flicker so he sounds like a motorbike when racing ^_^
How are you finding the tubs Jack ?

jack smith

Veteran
I'm very picky with how it performs I get no noticible friction set up as is, done it on all my builds since I orat did it and I'm happy with it, since it's always under tension it doesn't flop around :smile: very happy with this bike! Tubs are very nice, and te conti's are quite rigid so I can only imagine how nice the vittoria corsa or mitchelin pro4's feel!

Top Bottom